Two New Podcasts for Merchants: Supporting Affiliates with Content & Creative
Deborah Carney of Merchant ABCs hosted two panel discussions that included James Martell of Affiliate Buzz and Affiliate Marketers Boot Camp, as well as Kim Salvino, Jeannine Crooks and Amy Ely of buy.at.
Merchant ABCs #10 – Supporting Your Affiliates with Content & Creatives
This podcast provides general guidance on content and creatives that help affiliates promote a merchant’s business more effectively.
- Why supplying a variety of creative is key to program growth
- The types of content and creative to consider
- The value of text links, banners, and offering unique sizes
- Providing a comprehensive list of product information, company facts, and statistics for affiliates to use when creating articles and unique content
- Ideas for communicating creative changes and key messages
- Best practices in the merchant-affiliate relationship
- The under-utilized power of video
This podcast wraps up with information on video creative, which is covered in the following podcast:
Merchant ABCs #11 – Embracing Video Creative
This episode focuses more specifically on creating, sharing, and using video creative.
- Why video is important for merchants to consider
- Tools available to create and tag video on different networks
- Video formats – product reviews and demonstrations, the manufacturing process, testimonials, and more
- Creating professional and polished clips vs. simple and personalized video
- The three main video components – the establishing shot, mid shot, and close ups
- Methods to share videos with affiliates
- Creating motion graphic videos and slide shows with audio
During the conversation, participants shared a few recommended video editing companies and software to help merchants get started, as well as video players offered by networks.