Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Question What is Page Rank..?
    Hello Friend's ,, what is Page Rank and How to increase on my website..?? who is giving me Page Rank "Google"..???

Quote Originally Posted by alexiscavin View Post
    Hello Friend's ,, what is Page Rank and How to increase on my website..?? who is giving me Page Rank "Google"..???
    Yes PR is rated at Google SE. To improve your PR you must increase the back links on other domains relevant to your site content. Back links from edu and gov sites are given more credentials.

Quote Originally Posted by skyguide View Post
    Yes PR is rated at Google SE. To improve your PR you must increase the back links on other domains relevant to your site content. Back links from edu and gov sites are given more credentials.
    Chasing backlinks from edu and gov sites is the latest spammy seo technique. If come by honestly, that's great.... otherwise it's best to build backlinks naturally. Google eventually deals with many of these techniques.

To improve your PR you must increase the back links on other domains relevant to your site content. Back links from edu and gov sites are given more credentials.
    Actually it is far easier to increase your page rank with useful content than to waste time spamming .gov and .edu sites and calling it a "backlink". You cannot create your own backlinks. Backlinks are given, not taken.

A related question is how important is PR to Google these days? We've heard in the past year that they don't place to much weight on it anymore. Is that true?
    Last edited by bibby; April 24th, 2011 at 11:08 AM.

ABW Ambassador
    “With each new Google update, it is apparent that PageRank counts for less, while other factors (trust, age, authority links) count for more,” said Andy Hagans.

8. Thanks From:

PageRank
    Hi
    PageRank given by Google. PageRank vary from 0 to 10. If you like to increase your website's pageRank you need some high pageRank website which put your weblink into their site. Just ask the website's owner if he/she will put your link into his/her site. If they accept your request then you will get some backlink from their website.

Quote Originally Posted by seoexp1982 View Post
    Hi
    PageRank given by Google. PageRank vary from 0 to 10. If you like to increase your website's pageRank you need some high pageRank website which put your weblink into their site. Just ask the website's owner if he/she will put your link into his/her site. If they accept your request then you will get some backlink from their website.
    In my experience it is highly unlikely that a high PR site will agree to link to a lowly site just as a favour.

In my experience it is highly unlikely that a high PR site will agree to link to a lowly site just as a favour.
    That's true if you have nothing to offer. If you look at your site with the thought in mind of "who would like to see this if they knew it existed" then it is possible that you can find sites who will link to some specific content on your site that they think their visitors would like to see. There are many very good non commercial (and non affiliate) sites that are excellent prospects for a link. Some of the first backlinks I got were from businesses where I bought something and wrote back to tell them how much I liked their product and why. Endorsements will often get you a good link from an established site related to yours.

12. Thanks From:

Outsourced Program Manager Ross Yamashita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    Actually it is far easier to increase your page rank with useful content
    ^^^ This.

Depending on your website, make your site the authority filled with great content and sites will start linking to you.

about page rank
    hi read this article webpronews.com/steps-to-increase-your-google-page-rank-2004-06
    Last edited by 2busy; April 25th, 2011 at 08:00 AM. Reason: removed link to outdated information

That is NOT a good article - IT IS SEVEN (7) YEARS OLD. Read it and heed the advice at your own risk. SEO is ever-evolving and many of the "suggestions" from 2004 are no longer relevant today and, in fact, may be counter-productive.

Page Rank has much less influence than it used to. The "content farms" generated by myriad "articles" have been heavily penalized in the last Goog update. Join forums and build signatures --- gimme a break!

There are two key words for building good SEO. They are "good content." Provide good, relevant, unique and USEFUL content for your readers and the backlinks (and hence PR) and SERP results will follow. Somehow that article doesn't mention that.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

For me, depending on page rank to gauge my site's validity is a task I'd never fulfill.

Google can rank me, but it's really up to me to market my site constantly and provide the content (as everyone has stated) people want.

That's what makes a site a 5, 10, 20, 100, or whatever to the people who visit, comment, buy, and recommend to others.

Shirley

Quote Originally Posted by alexiscavin View Post
    Make links with the relevant and high page ranked sites. Quality links can pull your site towards good PR.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Merchant Consultant Team View Post
    “With each new Google update, it is apparent that PageRank counts for less, while other factors (trust, age, authority links) count for more,” said Andy Hagans.
    the Google has been toying with the idea of dropping PageRank for some time...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

It shows the impotence of your website.

Quote Originally Posted by copernic View Post
    It shows the impotence of your website.
    I'm sorry, did you actually mean impotence or importance?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

21. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Merchant Consultant Team View Post
    ... PageRank counts for less, while other factors (trust, age, authority links) count for more...
    I.e. the factors we cannot see, so nobody can manipulate them!

So what is the best way to improve PR in the short time?

Google uses to determine the importance of a web page. It's one of many factors used to determine which pages appear in search results
    Last edited by nancy01; May 3rd, 2011 at 06:11 AM.

Google algorim constantly change, so it is not easy to predict it

If you want to rank in Google and are looking at PageRank - uninstall your tool bar, or what ever you're using to view your PR, and Forget about PR altogether. Once you do that your chances of success strongly increase.

A site with 0 PR can outrank a site with 10 PR.

Work on creating strong useful content that will stand the test of time and follow Google best practices guidelines(http://goo.gl/ji7N). Doing so will make you smile every time Google has a large algorithm tweak and everyone else is panicking.

Don't make Google your only source of traffic. Social media is getting stronger every year, so get started on that right now.

The puzzle is solved with hard work and continued education.

Page rank is based upon an algorithm and is what is used by the major search engine, Google. Google bought the rights to use this algorithm and essentially this algorithm will allow the search engine to assign rankings to the sites based upon how many links that these sites have.
    Wherever you read this, they got you.

insrease page rank
    The best way to gain page rank is build your backlink to another website.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast