re. Posting SAS Overall Feedback Rating
    We have been a affiliate marketer with Share a Sale, Commission Junction,
    Linkshare, and Google and many more, some over ten years. We have never had a complaint, from any merchant, PERIOD. We have posted in a responsible and not misleading manner; Pay Per Call banners and text links throughout the related pages on our site, as well as our Twitter account, Yahoo Groups, Blogs, Facebook, and Stumbleupon.
    If a merchant receives a phone call that does not result in a sale, it is no fault of ours.
    Does this give them the right to falsely accuse us of fraud, in an attempt to generate a commission? Then post that accusation and cause our Overall Feedback Rating to show as a minus 1. I do believe an affiliate should be given full details of the transaction and given the right to defend themselves before it may be posted.

I do not know any of the details but it makes since that SAS would contact you first for your side. Their are alot of Clueless merchants on SAS (Yes their are alot of good ones Too) that know no idea how affiliate marketing works even though they have an affiliate program and could give you a negative feedback even though you could of did nothing wrong. I suggest you email Brian at SAS I sure he will look into this for you.

Good Luck!!
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

GOLDY, you can rebut the feedback and your side will be explained right along side that of the merchant.

That said, have you asked for clarification from the merchant? Also be sure to double check their TOS. They may have specific prohibitions that you missed. Many merchants will contact you and let you know why they're doing what they're doing, but if you didn't get an email it's not a bad idea to ask about the feedback. Work it out, and the same merchant may be able to give you some positive feedback and put you back to neutral.
    Last edited by Eathan; April 26th, 2011 at 11:52 PM.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

4. Thanks From:

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Goldy,

I definitely recommend posting your own side of the story - that is why the option is there so that you can refute the claim made by the Merchant.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale View Post
    Goldy,

I definitely recommend posting your own side of the story - that is why the option is there so that you can refute the claim made by the Merchant.
    Organic Ease - Aloe Elite have never replied to us regarding this matter...they never contacted us to begin with...so we have no idea what it is all about to begin with! Merchants can just post false accusations of fraud, affecting our Overall Feedback rating, without any consultation? with us or SAS? Do we have a similar Merchant Overall Feedback rating we can post willy nilly to?

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Goldy,

I would post something similar to what you told me, in the complaint itself. Each complaint record has a place for you to rebut any claim.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    definitely rebut. i work with a lot of merchants, including my own programs, and what the affiliate says, is far more important than what an unrelated merchant said. the merchant's post is a "hint", a fuller "answer" is found in the aff's reply.

9. Thanks From:
    kse

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread