As I stated in this post Yahoo dumped my pages from their index. Not a bad rank but all pages are gon except for the root. Which leads me to my question. If yahoo dumped all may pages from their index why would the still keep the root in the index?

Thanks,

Doug
    Thanks,
    Doug

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Just in case you pay them through their site submittal fee based service.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Hi ecom,

I know you are an abw vet and was wondering if you'd know if I would be reindexed. Their spiders are sill all over my site but I haven't seen mor than one page in their index since saturday. BTW the site that they dumped was not spamming, or anything of that nature.

Regards,
    Doug
    Thanks,
    Doug

if I ever figure it out ... I'm going to market my self as a "real SEO Guru" and make a big pile of money

a couple of months ago one of my sites had 300 pages dropped... everything except the index page...

Now I have 2400 pages index and my traffic is back...

I really do think the it guys stay up all night thinking about how to best mess with us... to cause usa the most grief... and make their Tums stock shoot through the roof...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Normally I'd be willing to ride it out but it is december and I am looking to get back ing ASAP.

Thanks,
    DOug
    Thanks,
    Doug

ABW Ambassador
    What is the key to success on Yahoo? How is it different from Google? (in tens words or less if possible)

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I think your best bet is get some good key word and content rich pages. And when I say "content rich" I mean useful. Once some high ranking sites start linking to some or your pages, you may start to see many if not most of your pages indexed.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> What is the key to success on Yahoo? How is it different from Google? (in ten words or less if possible) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know the key to success, but Yahoo doesn't seem to care as much about link quality or even quantity, when they do decide to like a site.

The 29 words above is as brief as it gets. Now let's see if that amount actually imparts information instead of just breeding misconceptions and flames due to the fact that all the "ifs, ands, wherefores, and buts" have been left out.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I don't know the key to success, but Yahoo doesn't seem to care as much about link quality or even quantity, when they do decide to like a site. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, it is not scientific, but my main site, which has quality links, does well on Google but poorly on Yahoo and MSN. My other sites that have few inbound links rely mainly on Yahoo and MSN.

Yes you can rank #1 on yahoo for one word searches with only a few dozen inbounds, on google you'd need thousands.

On the negative side some searches look like theyr'e manually influenced.

ABW Ambassador
    Yahoo! is a much more "friendly" SE for new sites in my own opinion. The quality and quantity of links a site have doesn't really matter that much. A judicious - but not overkill - use of HI and H2 Tags, Title and a some moderate keyword stuffing can usually take a site up and rank relatively well in Yahoo!. Trying this in Google is a recipe for nothing unless you have many, many inbound links.

Yet, one thing I've noticed about Yahoo! is that they are definitely not committed to indexing entire sites. I have a 4000+ page content site and Yahoo, at best, as ever only taken half of it in. Meanwhile, Google always has done its best to find, spider and list all pages.

Because of this, Yahoo at times seems a bit more commerical than Google - if only because it is easier for commercial sites and new affiliate sites to rank better. But, as the previous poster just mentioned, there seems to be evidence now that Yahoo is manually adjusting certain segments of the index now.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread