Can you Optimize Different Keywords for Each Page on a Domain?
    I'm trying to optimize for a long list of keywords that have to do with my business, which is logo design, website design.

Since I do not have the capacity to compete for the super popular keywords like logo design, I'm going for a lot more niche keywords; and since it's not a good idea to spread your keywords too thin in an article in case it doesn't get picked up at all, I'm going to need a lot more pages / content where each page specializes in 2 or 3 keywords.

This may be a silly question, but does Google look at each page within your domain or your whole domain when considering keywords? I'm thinking the former makes more sense.

Can someone help me out? Thanks.

Andrew

Yes and yes. I think Google does see a website thematically, and on a page by page basis (for smaller sites). That said, you can carve a niche inside that theme by attaching specific keywords to that theme.

Does that make sense?
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Thanks
    Yes. That does make sense. Thank you.

Sigh - I'm looking at ways to optimize my site for search engines - and backlinks seem to be a huge problem - we'll need to rank high enough on Google in order for us to meet our year end targets.

I don't know what strategy is better - using one of the available tools and going to the smaller blogs to offer your link (and of course useful help), or trying to get the bigger players to put your link online (and have that spread organically)

Fighting the good fight... Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by awwang10 View Post
    I'm looking at ways to optimize my site for search engines - and backlinks seem to be a huge problem - we'll need to rank high enough on Google in order for us to meet our year end targets.
    Showing up high in the SERPs is not an overnight process AND even if you are fortunate enough, visitors need to be inclined to want to click on your link and subsequently complete a purchase.

Based on what your "year end targets" are, you may need to consider something other than simply SEO...
    Merchants: In the fashion or home appliance niches? Contact us for placement opportunities for: the US (National and now LOCAL markets), UK, and CA.

Quote Originally Posted by awwang10 View Post
    This may be a silly question, but does Google look at each page within your domain or your whole domain when considering keywords? I'm thinking the former makes more sense.
    It looks at individual pages FAR MORE than it looks at the site as a whole.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Yes, I also agree that setting up your pages to include specific keywords according to each page's content is the way to go.

I first learned that years ago when employed as an editor at About dot com and still follow that rule today on my own sites with great results according to my internal statistics.

Shirley

Thanks Shirley

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Yes and yes. I think Google does see a website thematically, and on a page by page basis (for smaller sites). That said, you can carve a niche inside that theme by attaching specific keywords to that theme.

Does that make sense?
    Thanks kevin...It makes my sense transparent too. Google is just a programmed not a human being. So it has enough time to check all tiny to bigger page.

+ Reply to Thread