Program Approval Response?
    I applied for the Jos. A. Bank affiliate program two weeks ago and received the automated 'Thanks for applying' message, but nothing else. I followed up with them via the affiliate email address in their account, but still no reply.

Is it normal for a merchant to take this long to approve or decline an affiliate?

I feel like most merchants I apply for approve within 72 hours or so. I'm just curious if anyone else works with them or can give me insight.

Yes, some merchants just sit there. Many times, it's the 'larger' companies. My longest was a month before I got approved.

I would suggest finding other affiliate programs you can promote in the mean time or as well as for a backup in case you don't get approved for this one after all this waiting.

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hi,

It does depend on the program and always advise approvals happen within a few days. Various factors can extend approvals. I will pass this feedback on. Are you still waiting for approval?

Thank you.

Jamie

I was just approved a few days ago - thanks for passing along the feedback.

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Fantastic!

I would consider slow merchant approval a bit of a red flag for the program. Usually it's an indicator the program has no dedicated manager and isn't giving the affiliate program the attention it needs. It's usually a safe bet that if it takes a couple weeks (or longer) to get approved, you can expect similar response times if and when you have any questions or issues that come up with that merchant.

Large companies, small companies, it really makes no difference. Either the company is allocating resources to affiliate marketing or they aren't. In my experience, the companies with super-slow-approval times are the ones with crappy programs. (Just a generalization and my $0.02.)
    Your Ad Here.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread