Question Woopra question
    does anybody uses Woopra and is this the best tool you could use? or is google analytics a better tool?....or many other ones are superior? i would like to use a tool that can really helps in giving good information about what is going on on your site

Affiliate Manager OutdoorPlayToys's Avatar
    I have heard great things about Woopra, but I personally use Getclicky.com. I keep that open all day and can watch people go through my site...every click they make I can see. It has been beneficial to helping us see what is viewed and how they travel. I am sure there are a lot of great tools out there now, would love to see what others use as well.

3. Thanks From:

Checking out Getclicky now. Looks nice. I use to have Wassup on one of my sites, but once I hit a certain amount traffic, it was putting a load on my server that my host wasn't happy with . This looks like a nice real-time solution.

So far I have not seen any affect on load time - of course that is something we are monitoring closely! We do have the upgraded version...it is worth the $$$ in our eyes! :-)
    Jill Caren

@Outdoor. I want to take back my thanks! After I got rid of my realtime stats, I was forced to do some actual work rather than stare at my stacks. Getclicky and all their features already have me back to staring at all the same stats I was before plus about 100 other cool features they. Damn you! .

I guess the only downside is that its not hosted on your server which means someone else has your data? To me that doesn't matter and I see it as a possible.. as it means less of a load on my server.

The free version of Woopra has some definite limitations, including goal funnels and things like that. It is a good product though, and worthy of discussion and a look.

If you really want to keep your data private (ie not share it with Google, Woopra, GetClicky etc), I strongly suggest you have a look at Piwik.

It's free, its powerful, and you store the data yourself.

EDIT: There is a "live look in" module for Piwik as well.
    Last edited by Kevin; April 28th, 2011 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Addition
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

LOL! Sorry gcarson, didn't mean to ruin your day! It IS addicting!!!!! I never had much of a concern about the data....so it was never an issue for me.

I will have to take a peak at Piwik too - I have never heard of that one! Amazing how many are out there....but it is such an important tool to have...
    Jill Caren

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    EDIT: There is a "live look in" module for Piwik as well.
    Didn't know about the 'live look in' module for piwik. Have to check that out

Any ideas on how much of a load Piwik causes on your server? I left it one but took my other WP real-time stats plugin off as my host said it was causing issues cpu usage issues
    Last edited by gcarson; April 28th, 2011 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OutdoorPlayToys View Post
    I have heard great things about Woopra, but I personally use Getclicky.com. I keep that open all day and can watch people go through my site...every click they make I can see. It has been beneficial to helping us see what is viewed and how they travel. I am sure there are a lot of great tools out there now, would love to see what others use as well.
    Thanks so much for the lead about GetClicky. I'm a Google Analytics user; however, this program is very promising and on my list to review tomorrow since Friday is my "try all things new and interesting" day.

The price is right, too.

Shirley

Quote Originally Posted by gcarson View Post
    Didn't know about the 'live look in' module for piwik. Have to check that out

Any ideas on how much of a load Piwik causes on your server? I left it one but took my other WP real-time stats plugin off as my host said it was causing issues cpu usage issues
    I haven't noticed anything too substantial as far as load goes, but at the same time, the 5 sites I measure with it are unlikely to have more than 20 concurrent connections each at any given time.

I wrote Piwik up a little while ago if anyone is interested: 3 Key Analytics Strategies For Affiliate Websites | Kevin Webster
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread