Data Feed Question.
    Has anyone here ever heard of the company DigitalQuill or used their datafeeds. They have one for WordPress and Amazon. I tried to get a hold of them but they never return their emails.

www.digitalquill.co.uk/datafeedplugin/
    Last edited by 2busy; April 28th, 2011 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Removed Link

Affiliate Manager OutdoorPlayToys's Avatar
    I have no experience with them, but would tend to avoid any company that offers NO response BEFORE you buy a product. If you do have a problem after you buy I am sure there will be no help for you.

3. Thanks From:

Hi OutdoorPlayToys,

Thanks for the response. I would appreciate it if you could take a look at the WP plugin they offer on their site and tell me if you know of any other vendors that offer a similar solution. Mainly, I want a plugin to pull in rss, xml, csv feeds or files onto my WP site with the ability to filter, drip feed and schedule posts. I looked at some of the free ones in WP but I want something a little more robust.

westcoastnative ,

Hi! I purchased the DigitalQuill product back in 2009, but didn't attempt to use it until early 2010. The creator Matt was very responsive at the time, but I encountered issues with the product. I was trying to get the tool to parse a the ShareASale feed that was in a pipe delimitted format. It didn't seem to recognize all of the columns. There were 26 columns and it only recognized 14! The tool was getting tripped up on the 5th column, and after that is loses track of columns.

I fiddled with it for a few days - then gave up and just munged together a tool to grab the data I needed. I used php examples I found on the web.

The tool may have greatly improved since early 2010, but I gave up on it after a few hair pulling days.

Just my .02 cents.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread