Since my AM birth I have made nothing but sales sites. I have decided that I want to take a crack at a content site. I did a few google searches on how to build a content site and I found very mixed results.

Is there a definitive guide out there that I am missing, or can some of the content pros here throw in their two cents?

What are you interested in? Start searching on Google for it and see what you find, can't find what you want? there's your niche.

Dak:

As there are many ways to build a sale site, so it goes with content. That's why Baskin Robbins makes 31 flavors.

Start by asking yourself some questions - Why do you want to build a content site? Do you have a specific topic for which you feel compelled to build a site? Is there a niche that has a glaring hole out there? Do you just want to do it for fun? Are you hoping to build up traffic to drive to a sales site?

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    David,

What Paul said.

I see lots of content sites all day. There are many new as well as old products out there you can promote based around a theme.

All you have to do is Type and Type and Type. The more you talk about any product ( on your content site ) even one you got interested in, the more you will get Google and others to visit.

I guess I am just not sure how to start off, or how specific to get. Do I promote and entire area, let's say TV's, or do I go as far as to just promote model xyz. Do I write articles, or just short blurbs on the pages where I may have product.

I have seen content sites that get way off track, but according to their owners they make money. I have two ideas that I am going to focus on, one is an interest, and one is something I was once looking for and could not find.

I found a few content sites out there that have an Alexa rating around 60,000, but everything was unrelated.

I run a content site which is basically a partner to one of my affiliate sites, I use the research once to do two very different sites, one of which gives a lot a sales spin, the other of which says what I *really* think!
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

TV's, home theater systems, it's all pretty high tech these days. I still have those old fashioned 300.00 tv's. Really wouldn't know what to buy if I was going to get a new one. First thing I would do is get on the Internet and do some research. Doubt I would find enough info on a merchants site.

Thanks for the idea Jane. I'll built start building it today.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread