ABW Ambassador
    Received this email from Avon:

"As we continue to restructure our coupon policy, we wanted to make you aware of a very important change to all of our coupons. As of Friday, December 10th, Avon.com will no longer honor any gift with purchase or percentage off coupon codes. The universal free gift offer on our site will also no longer be valid.

We will continue to offer coupons through the affiliate program; however, we will no longer be able to utilize these types of offers with any partner."

WTF??? They're canceling all coupons and free gift offers, but will offer coupons through their affiliate program but will not honor them?

ABW Ambassador
    Actually here is the entire e-mail. I am assuming they are talking about illegal coupon codes.

As we continue to restructure our coupon policy, we wanted to make you aware of a very important change to all of our coupons. As of Friday, December 10th, Avon.com will no longer honor any gift with purchase or percentage off coupon codes. The universal free gift offer on our site will also no longer be valid.

We will continue to offer coupons through the affiliate program; however, we will no longer be able to utilize these types of offers with any partner.
    A reminder that any partner promoting a coupon not authorized for use within the affiliate program forfeits their commission on all sales through the unauthorized coupon and is in danger of being removed from the program. You can review complete details within the affiliate agreement in your LinkShare account.

We value you as a partner of our program and ask that you contact us with any questions pertaining to this new coupon code policy.

Best,
    Rochelle Rosen
    Affiliate Marketing Manager

Invalid Coupons
    LSCHOOL, LSEPT30, LSGLAM, LSJULY30, LSJUNE40, LSMARCH50, LSMAY50, LSPLASH, LSTHANKS, LSWELL, LINK14, LINK15, LINKFREE50, LINKFREESHIP, LINKIN, LINKM1, LINKM3, LINKN4, LINKWKN2, LSCREAM

Valid Coupon Codes, Offer Details, Expiration Date
    LINK16, Free Shipping on $40 or more, Expires 01/01/05
    LINK30, Free Shipping on $30 or more, Expires 01/01/05
    LINK40, Free Shipping on $40 or more, Expires 01/01/05
    LSFREE40, Free Shipping on $40 or more
    LSFRESH, Free Shipping on $40 or more, Expires 01/31/05
    LSGIFT, Free Shipping on $40 or more, Expires 01/02/05
    LSHOLIDAY, Half Price Shipping on $40 and Free Shipping on $60 or more, Expires 01/02/05
    LSNEW, Free Shipping on $40 or more, Expires 01/02/05
    LSPA, Free Shipping on $50 or more, Expires 12/31/04
    LSSHIP, Free Shipping on $30 or more, Expires 12/31/04

ABW Ambassador
    Basically they're not going to have any more % off or free gift codes but will continue to have the free shipping ones, the ones posted in the email and right above this post.

ABW Ambassador
    That's confusing. I just glanced at the email when I got it and saw that the code I was using was still good so tossed the email. Heads up for anyone who did the same - the offers that went along with the codes have changed.

Some of the offers included a free gift. If you promote any of the codes still active you may want to remove any free gift text you have up with them.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Double check all the "incent" BHO's aren't just setting cookies on bum expired deals. Check your scripted coupon pages and those PPCSE coupons redirects folks. Whatever you do be sure to chain that gassious Rotweiler and beagle who love to hump the Avon ladies leg.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Avon is another merchant master of presto chango. I tried running some of there individual product links to find out they all go invalid too in a short time.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    Whatever you do be sure to chain that gassious Rotweiler and beagle who love to hump the Avon ladies leg. This message has been edited. Last edited by: EcomCity.com, December 10, 2004 10:45 PM <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am dying to know what was edited out of that post.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by infoseeker:
    I am dying to know what was edited out of that post. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    He probably made a AHO out of his BHO

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread