loud and clear
    this is my post # 2. on the basis of reading this thread... i made my post # 1 a paid announcement of our merchant program.

given your note regarding merchants weaseling out of paying affiliates, a question: does a merchant's use of a pre-paid affiliate network like Shareasale improve the likelihood affiliates will drive significant volume for them, given those affiliates don't have to worry about that merchant's payment history?

Quote Originally Posted by webworker View Post
    That's right! And we don't want you. If you're too damn cheap to pay for a legitimate program announcement, then your program is and so are you.

Too many are trying to use the "introductions" lately as a way to promote and recruit without being honest and PAYING for a proper program announcement. Who do they think they're fooling? If a merchant can't be ethical and and pony up the lousy few bucks it costs for a program announcement, why should anyone think they can be trusted not to try to weasel out of paying commissions any way they can?

Hello starbritesmiles, I moved your thread here where it will be seen and you can get useful responses.

The quote there is from Spammy Introductions = Cheapskate Merchants - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum where you probably don't want your discussion. It has more to do with new merchants popping in to introduce themselves and trying to use their intro as a free ad.

As an affiliate I don't worry about getting paid on a network like SAS, you are right. There have been and are payment issues on some other networks.
    Good luck.

thanks
    thanks for that - i'm just keen to be an upstanding abestweb citizen / merchant. of course i'm here chiefly to promote my offers... but do want to do it in a respectful way in line with the rules & reg's of the boards.

Here is information that can help you more: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=101926

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread