Links Links Links
    What is the best way to gain strong permanent links these days?
    I have been gaining links through submitting articles, leaving comments with link on blogs, I tried reciprocal link exchange but never get anywhere and submitting my link on social networking sites.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Believe it or not - a simple "Link to us" page offering some logo choices and text links. We even offer a search box.

With the text links you have the opportunity to "pre-format" your anchor tags...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

3. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Believe it or not - a simple "Link to us" page offering some logo choices and text links. We even offer a search box.

With the text links you have the opportunity to "pre-format" your anchor tags...
    Sorry to seem a bit dull but could you please enlarge on this

Many Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daiarian View Post
    Sorry to seem a bit dull but could you please enlarge on this
    Which part?

Believe it or not - a simple "Link to us" page offering some logo choices and text links.
    Are you advocating a separate page on your site with a selection of "Please link to us" logos. If so how to you get them to this page and then what are they expected to do?

I just cannot get my head around this one so would appreciate some enlightenment.

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daiarian View Post
    Are you advocating a separate page on your site with a selection of "Please link to us" logos. If so how to you get them to this page and then what are they expected to do?
    Yes - we have a page with logos, text links, and for our sites with search functions, we offer a search box.

They find the "Link to Us" page in the footer with all the other "social" type links (Twitter, etc). It's not a pressure thing. If they want to link, they link - if they don't, they don't. You lose nothing.

We have links out there for one of our sites that are 12 years old.
    Had to create redirects for them over the years. On another site, we discovered a few months back, traffic coming from a "mommy blog" - just hand feeding us traffic to our luggage site. 15-20 uniques per day...
    Last edited by Convergence; May 4th, 2011 at 08:12 PM.

what about forum posting?
    how does this work?

Does forum posting work?

If you join forums that are related to your site and participate there with useful posts you may eventually be able to get some site traffic. If others on that forum find your site to be helpful they may recommend it to others. It takes time but can be helpful as long as you join, participate and follow the forum rules.

Joining forums to drop links will usually only get you banned.

Quote Originally Posted by bookofradeluxe View Post
    Does forum posting work?
    Forum posting works if it is relevant and on topic and you are educating and engaging.

Yes no doubt forum posting is a good source of getting back links. The main thing is that your post should always relevant to the concerning topic.

Forum posting is worthless unless the very page you are posting on is relevant to the link and subsequent landing PAGE. In other words, both the forum PAGE and the linked to PAGE need to be relevant to one another.

Also, if the forum has nofollow tags for outbound links your efforts are moot...
    Last edited by Convergence; June 4th, 2011 at 07:30 PM.

I set up backlinks from one of my sites to another affiliate site I run, at least I thought I had but nothing shows on the Google link: tool.

For example on my site, siteA.com I posted an article containing a link (say gotothissite) which linked to siteB.com, and the link works. However, when I use the Google tool link:www.siteB.com it says there are no links.

Can any one throw some light on this please

Regards

the Google doesn't show every link to your website.

Also, if you're linking between your own sites there are a couple of things to consider:

• Make sure each site has it's own IP address
    • Make sure the PAGE you are linking from is relevant to the PAGE you are linking to
    • Use well constructed anchor tags

Yes - we have a page with logos, text links, and for our sites with search functions, we offer a search box.

They find the "Link to Us" page in the footer with all the other "social" type links (Twitter, etc). It's not a pressure thing. If they want to link, they link - if they don't, they don't. You lose nothing.
    Interesting idea, and quick/simple to implement

How many different logos/ text links de you normaly put on these pages?

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchie View Post
    Interesting idea, and quick/simple to implement

How many different logos/ text links de you normaly put on these pages?
    Usually five or so specific links and one "build your own" link.

One logo.

One search box if applicable...

OK thanks

The best way is to earn your links.

Google is getting better at detecting links that you have placed around the web on your own. The whole idea behind considering links is that it represents a vote for your site.

Write good content and atract an audience. Post content that will get people talking and linking to you. The results can be much bigger than anything you could do on your own - especially since Google will continue to get better at discounting those links you are creating to your own site.
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

20. Thanks From:

Join more and more forums with good PR and past you link there with good work. In other words forums posting.

Join more and more forums with good PR and past you link there with good work. In other words forums posting.
    Not very good advice. The question was how to get strong permanent links, not casual, self created links. Joining forums to drop links is not useful for strong permanent links. Your time would be better spent working on your own site.

It could be spend better on own site, but if you have already good data and the updated one too, but not traffic, then these were the most easiest and cheaper way to get some real traffic. I will add blog comment with forum posting which can give you good backlink.

ABW Ambassador
    Caspir:

Don't do that!

25. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Caspir View Post
    It could be spend better on own site, but if you have already good data and the updated one too, but not traffic, then these were the most easiest and cheaper way to get some real traffic. I will add blog comment with forum posting which can give you good backlink.
    forum posting and blog commenting could be good only if relevant. if u are to use automation tools for doing this, the result could be quite tricky....

27. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread