How much $$$ for SEO work?
    I have a client that interested in me SEO'ing his site in the construction field. He is interested in both On and Off page SEO. How should I calculate the charge for something like that? How can I estimate that?

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    How much is your time worth /hr?
    = $/hr X number of hrs

Honestly, I have only charged per hour once since SEO is pretty hit or miss in terms of competition and link building. I say put a price on unique hits. Like for instance, charge him $0.10-$0.20 per unique hit. They better you do, they more money there is to make. Plus you can use that same pay scale for linkbacks, penny a link is what I usually do.

Ensure you have everything recorded via Analytics so when the time comes to send an invoice, you can provide a snapshot showing the time span, what came in and so forth.

I once set a standard hourly rate and ended up doing more work then what I quoted.
    Last edited by ProMarketers; May 8th, 2011 at 04:59 AM.

it depends on the work n your time requires for that..... per hour charge is good........

Hourly charge is better but as you're offered for both on page and off page so it might be a long term project. In this regard you can also work in a fixed rate as example: per unique article at $1.25 etc. You can take different rate on different portion of site.

charge by links
    Quote Originally Posted by jeronimo View Post
    I have a client that interested in me SEO'ing his site in the construction field. He is interested in both On and Off page SEO. How should I calculate the charge for something like that? How can I estimate that?
    charge him on the number of links you get and for on page charge according the hours.

so what have you done
    so what have you thought? how you going to charge him?

What are all the areas of your off-site SEO covers?
    No of works needed
    no of manpower needed

you have to put all these in the list to come to the conclusion

You can calculate it on the basis of per submission or posting on every channel. you would need to analyse the market and offers from some of the SEO companies. Offering different SEO packages depending upon client requirements. Some sample packages are also available on the web

i charge hourly. if you're good, and the traffic comes, then they will hire you for more.

charging by hit, how do you know traffic is from one of your sources? and if you do, when do they stop paying for this traffic?

We mostly make packages which have in detail what work will be performed and are evaluated per work done. Every task takes us x amount of time, therefore it costs x amount of money.

The competition on a keyword then determines how many times x tasks have to be made in order to get up to the top contenders for that specific keyword that you are targeting..

And so you get a nice equation on how to estimate what work needs to be done and you also get the budget needed to complete that work..

Frequently there are also rewards set when sites reach a certain position in the rankings, or when a heavier keywords gets over the agreed positions or something like that..

$150 for 4-6 months work on a single keyword??

That's not a business proposition.. plus there is no guaranteed Google top ranking.

Charge for your time spent... just figure out your hourly rate, and the approx # hours you will spend (set minimums & maximums so both of you can budget accordingly).

its an age old question.

Do they want ranking, click throughs, actual sales?

The further up the chain you go the more risk you take, and the more you should demand for doing their work.

It just depends on which method you use.

15. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread