big ticket item - big shipping cost
    I'm an avid fisherman, I specifically enjoy kayaking/ canoeing and would like to create a blog to that effect.

Are kayaks, canoes or any small watercraft profitable? You can go to Dick's and purchase a canoe without paying shipping, problem is, their selection stinks.

Tropical Mountaintop
    Have you looked at AvantLink?

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    Have you looked at AvantLink?
    Ditto that, AvantLink is loaded with programs you'd likely be interested in.

Also, when you think of canoes/kayaks, don't forget inflatables, PFDs, paddles, etc. There are a lot of smaller items, much easier to ship and perfect for affiliate sales. That said, don't forget about the big ticket items. I've personally ordered two kayaks online; one was a Sea Eagle inflatable and the other a hardshell 17' tandem touring kayak that I had shipped to my local REI.

Another thing to bear in mind is the exact point you touched on. The local selection may not only stink, it could very well not exist at all. We run into that a lot with our particular niche. There just aren't many vendors across the country who carry our products, so people turn to the Internet or mailorder.

We ship a lot of the big stuff LTL freight, and the shipping isn't cheap, but they have no local option and it's a whole lot cheaper with our freight discounts than driving halfway across the country.

Kayaks and canoes may also be seasonal, but books, maps, wet weather gear, paddling gloves, etc may help extend the season. Those can also be easier to sell in a blog format.

Best of luck!
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread