Affiliate Manager OutdoorPlayToys's Avatar
    InternationalCheckout.com and ShareAsale
    Just curious if anyone here has any experience getting Internationalcheckout.com to integrate with ShareASale?

I did contact ShareASale and they are going to see if they can figure out anything, but I thought I would check here too!

If you are not familiar with InternationalCheckout.com, basically the customer comes to my site, clicks the International Checkout button on my shopping cart page and is then taken to InternationalCheckout to complete the order.

Then InternationalCheckout will come back to my site to place an order for that product.

Can anyone see a way that this can work?

Or have any other alternatives for International Shipping - we did OK with International orders and from an affiliate standpoint I think it can be a lucrative market so I am anxious to get this back up and running.

Any thoughts would be MUCH appreciated!

Jill
    Jill Caren

Sorry I do not have the answer for your question but as a Canadian who shops online I never shop at a site who use sites such as InternationalCheckout to process my order if the site can not process my order on their site I find a website that can.

As an affiliate I never promote a website that uses InternationalCheckout or simular.

I do not understand why you can not process the order yourself?? If thats not possible you should look at companies such as FiftyOne

Just my suggestions. Good Luck!!
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

That is very helpful and thank you! We originally went with InternationalCheckout because it was highly recommended by another store owner, but it looks like I will have to reevaluate. I understand the concern of the affiliates and want to make sure I find a 3rd party that works for them - although I am surprised to hear that as a consumer you would not use it either! That is good to know.....I did not realize that was an issue for some as we have been getting sales and no one has said a word!

Looks like some research for me today!

I will check out 51!
    Jill Caren

15 years and counting
    Jill,
    Many companies offering International Shipping or worse Free Shipping are also affiliates themselves and overwrite other affiliates cookies.
    See by ex this thead:
    Are you loosing your sales because of FreeShipping.com? - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum
    I don't think it's the case with InternationalCheckout and I saw this morning a new merchant at SAS linking to them on their site.
    In that case it could be considered as a leak.

Interesting I never even heard of freeshipping.com, not something we would ever get involved with....and IC is a leak which is why we removed it until we can get a solution that works for everyone....which we will! :-)
    Jill Caren

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry to arrive late but I just wanted to support the opinion that I would also not promote a program that subs-out their international shipping.
    When the only tool you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail.

Thanks Dave!

We are already checking out other alternatives that integrate right within our website. We might not be able to offer it as quickly as we would have liked, but will definitely offer it in the future.

I am glad to have the feedback about this though it helps!!!
    Jill Caren

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread