Question for Facebook Fan Page Creators
    Hi, For those of you who create fan pages for clients, do you host your clients fan page or do you require them to provide a domain and hosting?

Thanks,
    Tom

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by TomW View Post
    do you host your clients fan page or do you require them to provide a domain and hosting?
    Hi Tom.. I'm not sure I understand the question.

FB fan pages ARE already hosted for free on Facebook.com. Once created you have the option of creating a vanity URL or username for that page.

I do highly recommend creating the account using your clients email or it will forever be tied to your own personal account.

Good luck!

Hi Webby101, I guess what I meant to say is hosting the Facebook App. such as a reveal tab or email capture form.

Ever since Facebook changed from fbml to iframes you now have to provide hosting for your app.

Thanks,
    Tom

Affiliate Manager
    I usually host them until they become a problem. I mean until they become a problem in terms of traffic.

Clients might sometime not understand why they have to pay hosting for a FB up, especially if they are not in the tech world already. So I set them up on my shared server (no extra cost for me) and if the app becomes popular and traffic starts being a problem then itís easier to convince them to spend money on hosting, since they are already seeing the results of the app.

Of course asking them to host the app in first place will also be reasonable, but with all the shared hosting you can find for 100 dollars a year I think hosting the app at the beginning is an easy plus for programmers!

My clients are mostly the "Do It For Me" sort, so I usually have some kind of on-going paid support in place, and I just host the app myself as part of this. In any case I run my own box, with lots of bandwidth.

Hosted on Facebook
    I prefer hosting it on client side, and I've seen some guys hosting images on Facebook itself!

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread