Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Reserved two names yesterday, paid for hosting, built the sites this morning, up and running, with traffic from links and PPC by 4PM today. Not bad, two new sites in 30 hours, during peak time. Sometimes, I get in that groove and can't stop. Now, if I could just generate a sale this first day, THAT would rule.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

sounds familiar. I applied for an affiliateship to a company for which I intended to make a dedicated site. then rented the domain name and put a simple page up. got some links in place before DNS kicked in. googlebot has made two visits. lost two days before the site could be found, but I'm happy.

Could you two send me some of what you're taking?

Way to go, Elbow

I'm not sure how you registered your site so fast. I've had one in the process of being registered for well over two months and another one that I just submitted last week.

I really should look at a better server guy!
    Never argue with an idiot.
    The person watching, may not be able to tell the difference!

:female: :star: :envelope: [url="http://www.bridalbasics.ca/"]:weddingca[/url]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HomeFlower:
    I'm not sure how you registered your site so fast. I've had one in the process of being registered for well over two months and another one that I just submitted last week.

I really should look at a better server guy! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too, I wonder how EC did it. I registered a domain got the hosting and it took about a week before my hosting and domain was 100% functional.

BTW, Great job EC.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

Wow, waiting more than 10 minutes to be able to put your website / domain up is ridiculous!

I buy my domain names at Domains Priced Right -- (this is not an affil link).

I also have several "Reseller" hosting accounts so I assign the Name Servers when I register my domains.

I create an "account" in the Reseller Hosting account used when registering thru the "Web Host Manager" and I'm good to go and can start uploading right away -- If I choose -- And, if I had what those two guys above have

I use Godaddy. com for registrations and Httpme.com for hosting. On Monday morning I registered a new .com, set it up for hosting, and it was propigated and ready to go by noon. On a rare occasion it may take more that 5 hours, but that only happened to me once.

some days are better than others, I guess .

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread