ugg,

I recently made a subscription purchase to expiredtraffic.com , on the initial payment I recieved an incorrect password and was unable to log in to the site, on contacting the sites admin i got no response so I asked paypal to cancel my subscription to them (galt) an i issued a complaint in hopes of getting my money refunded, after 10 days paypal ruled that since the purchase was on a virtual good they could do nothing for me, and that I should contact the seller, and I have, it seems that there website is down, and I sent 2 emails to support and the admin, with no response, any1 else have this issue with these guys???

its getting me pretty ticked off

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I just tried their site - not there.
    I think they "expired". Hope you didn't pay too much. What service did they offer?
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

they offered listings of domains yahoo, google and altavista page rank.

and yeah, i payed more than i should have,,.. half a hunid isnt easy to let go of now a days.

dammit man.

wheres the internet guido when you need him.

Since their site is gone, I would try disputing it with PayPal again.

It's usually best to pay for stuff with a credit card rather than PayPal. You have a lot better chance of disputing bad charges with a credit card. American Express is great.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

paypal wont do anything, ive called twice and all they could tell me was to contact the seller, well, I CANT!!, I asked about there buyer protection and they said the product is a virtual product and theres nothing they could do,... im boiling over here, and paypal is not helping ...

Paypal will give you your money bsck if you do it in the correct manner... currently you are going about it all wrong!!!!!

go into your paypal account click on the resolution center

then click on the "file a claim" link....

my experience is that 99.9% of the time Paypal will refund the buyer their money...

I should know... a couple of my website got hammered with charge backs a few months go...

In every case no matter what i said as a merchant did I pervail...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It's usually best to pay for stuff with a credit card rather than PayPal. You have a lot better chance of disputing bad charges with a credit card.
    American Express is great. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    My PayPal account is set up to charge my AmEx card for anything I purchase using PayPal. That way rather than having to deal with PayPal in these sorts of situations, I can simply file a dispute with AmEx. You're right .. AmEx is the best! They will always take anything off your account and follow through for you on resolving disputes.

I HAVE filed a claim,... thats my point... the 99% did not work in my case, resolution= decision in no parties favor due to product being virtual... well if thats the case, then gimmie my money back!!!

ive done the file a claim thing already folks,...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IDoEyes:
    My PayPal account is set up to charge my AmEx card for anything I purchase using PayPal. That way rather than having to deal with PayPal in these sorts of situations, I can simply file a dispute with AmEx. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I would be careful doing that. By disputing the charge with American Express instead of PayPal, you're impacting PayPal rather than the merchant. PayPal might take action against you, or American Express might deny the claim since PayPal fulfilled their obligation by sending the money to the seller.

I'm not sure what to recommend for Verbalkent, other than trying to dispute it again (making it very clear that they didn't get the service and the company is now gone) and avoiding PayPal in the future.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I hate to say it but it looks like you're SOL. We've all been there at one point. Chalk it up to experience and move on. I use paypal too but don't buy much with it. Michael is correct...use a CC.

Good luck
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

paypal is basicaly telling me to go **** myself, asthe purchase was an intangible or virtual product, there is NO buyer protection for the transaction, the seller got his money, and there is no way to reach them... this is really realllly tikin me off.. but what can I do? seems like nothing..

seems the site is back up all of a sudden, email number 8 is sent... dunno, all i can say is ........... stay far away from paypal and purchases especially if the purchase is for a virtual, or internet product...

mr ticked off is signing out

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread