Beware: World Class Nutrition Commission Change
    Changing terms from a sliding scale of 10-22% to...

NEW COMMISSION STRUCTURE:
    We have been listening to our affiliates feedback and have now customized a commission structure that we hope you will love. Here's how it will work:

An 8% commission rate as a default rate

An industry high 16% commission rate on a set 50+ products that we list every month

For a list of the current Hot 50 products click here. This new commission structure will go into effect tomorrow EOD.

Looks to me like they've developed a scheme to get affiliates to promote specific products for them, but never get the paid big commission. I use SEO, my efforts take 60-90 days to start paying off.

This takes some wind out of my "oh cool, they have an OPM sail."

If I'm reading this right it's one more trap for the newbie's to be watchful of.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Roger that - got the same email today (damn am I behind...)
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Call em out here otherwise its a bit meaningless. I have been called out and got my stuff straight when I made an error. Appreciated it too!

4. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Call em out here otherwise its a bit meaningless. I have been called out and got my stuff straight when I made an error. Appreciated it too!
    I wasn't going to call them out unless a mod said it was ok. So, I get a mod who's also an OPM.

With the understanding that I could be misreading the changes, here we go.

The program is World Class Nutrition and the OPM is Randy Norton - Snow Consulting.

To repeat myself, my concern is that a novice SEO affiliate could be tricked into promoting the "hot 50 at 16%" which in most cases would be placed by the next "hot 50" group and revert to 8% by the time their efforts started to kick in. Rinse and repeat. Cheap promotion for selected products with the empty promise of a bonus.

I'm not familiar with this program nor do I do PPC, but couldn't an this be beneficial for a PPC affiliate?

Quote Originally Posted by gcarson View Post
    I'm not familiar with this program nor do I do PPC, but couldn't an this be beneficial for a PPC affiliate?
    My guess is that it would be good for the experienced PPC affiliate and those with other types of just in time marketing. Social media, news letters or E-Mail campaigns.

But a trap for SEO affiliates.

Then it probably isn't fair to rip them like that. There are more ways to be an affiliate than just SEO. Maybe that's the type of affiliates they are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by gcarson View Post
    Then it probably isn't fair to rip them like that. There are more ways to be an affiliate than just SEO. Maybe that's the type of affiliates they are looking for.
    I need to be more clear about my attitude. I don't exactly view this as a "rip off" but more of a shady scheme that the new folks need to be aware of and watch out for.

FWIW, the Snow Consulting guys are pretty good and they have a sub-forum here (Snow Consulting). I bet if you talk to them, they would set you up with the old structure (or something even better).

(It's always fine to call out merchants, networks, OPMs, etc. here -- even if they're a paid advertiser.)

Would you like this thread moved over to their forum and/or the title updated to reflect the merchant in question?

FWIW, this certainly looks like it would be a cut in commissions to most affiliates. I wouldn't be happy with it.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    FWIW, the Snow Consulting guys are pretty good and they have a sub-forum here (Snow Consulting). I bet if you talk to them, they would set you up with the old structure (or something even better).

(It's always fine to call out merchants, networks, OPMs, etc. here -- even if they're a paid advertiser.)

Would you like this thread moved over to their forum and/or the title updated to reflect the merchant in question?

FWIW, this certainly looks like it would be a cut in commissions to most affiliates. I wouldn't be happy with it.
    I gave the OPM my phone number, but I'm pretty sure I insulted him at some point in our communication so he never called. I'm familiar with Snow which is one of the reasons I chose this merchant. Oh well.

I'm real loyal to SAS and all the family. I'd rather the post stay here. Maybe be labeled. "New commission scheme to be aware of and beware of" or some such thing.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Thanks for your time on the call @justnet. I'm glad we were able to talk things through and smooth everything over.

Have a great day,

Randy

Well yes we finally spoke. Randy made me an offer. Will I act on it and promote them? Maybe, at least there on my list of get around to's. It's my understanding that the published terms are still the official terms for now at least. Randy indicated to me that compensation is a dynamic topic at the moment and could be revisited at any time. Obviously they have to find the balance point.

I'm done (give me a fork)

14. Thanks From:

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread