Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Hello everyone.

As I stated in my forum be careful with opening attached files.

-----------------------------------------

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/viru...me=WORM_ZAFI.D

WORM_ZAFI.D

As of December 14, 2004 8:13 AM (PST), TrendLabs has declared a MEDIUM risk virus alert to control the spread of this mass-mailing worm. It has been found spreading in Germany, France, and Spain.

The effectivity of this worm owes much to the timeliness of its release in the wild and its use of email written in any of several languages, depending on the recipient address' domain. This technique has been used by previous ZAFI variants.

It uses its built-in Simple Mail Tranfer Protocol (SMTP) engine, which allows it to send malicious Christmas greetings without having to use other email applications like Outlook Express.

This worm sends email to addresses it has collected from different files on infected systems. The worm email is spoofed and may appear to have come from a familiar email address. As a general rule, users should avoid opening the attachments of unsolicited email.

I just updated my virus definitions.

Thanks for the heads-up!

-- Mike
    A joy shared is a joy doubled.
    A burden shared is a burden lightened.

Thanks again for all your help, Jorge. I appreciate your insight and advice I have received on this forum.

Fawn

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Your welcome Mike.

My pleasure Fawn.

Should update definitions at least every 30 days. It's a pain in the neck to remember but these rascals are vicious.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Thanks for the reminders. I should know to do this every week at a minimum as I set my clients systems to do it daily. Yesterday afternoon I wasn't surprised to be handed a Sony notebook I spend 5 hours cleaning of viruses-spyware-adware last month. Client gave the cleaned one (his travel system) that was showing the "blue screen of death" to his collegate son. I then worked on the kids systems for dad to use.

The Darn thing had 57 actual computer viruses, several P2P apps, 286 spyware and adware programs on it. I forced both the dad and kid to sit there and note the steps it took to clean the system for 3 hours. If the network execs were hog tied to a office chair and forced to watch the install/detect/uninstall process for one full 8 hour day they'd might do something about the spread of this crap.

Damn popup windows...some looking like Microsoft XP alerts... kept popping multiple windows once connected to the DSL line. Popped all during the Trendmicro "housecall" virus scan/remove procedure. Some of the adware was bundled with computer viruses which blocked norton detect & update and prevented access to Spybot and Ad-Aware domains for downloads...

The Adwhores will have a ball with enticing young kids into crapware downloads like drooling pedophiles put in charge of school playgrounds. As a grandfather and Great Grandpa I'm seriously pi**ed at the network wanks for ever allowing the S/W domainless affiliate sleezebags to be incubated. They knew every entry was a crooked con-man plying their thievery cookie setting & false click tricks from the old days, when e-mail & privacy info peddling Dupers were the rulers.

Yep... some timeout jail time is just what this industry needs. The entire industry parallels the Islamic Terrorist War. Every bad actor and playa is present from the Bin-Ladens to the jehadi suicide bombers... the harbors, funding wanks and the few willing to go into harms way to put a stop to the madness.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Thank you, EcomCity, for yet *ANOTHER* post that strays off topic to never never land.

Andy

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread