Question What is your favourite Web Hosting review site?
    What is your favourite Web Hosting review site?

I looking around for a another Windows Multiple Domains Shared Host. Any suggestions??
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Have you checked http://www.webhostingtalk.com/? That is a respected hosting review site.

3. Thanks From:
    kse

I am not against web hosting review sites, but mostly these sites are owned by affiliates so there are less chances to get actual customers review there. You should be able to find a quality host on forums, I would recommend you to browse some of the posts here and WHT forum along with web hosting offer thread section. I am sure this will help you in getting your next web host quickly.

Also the best approach is to contact the hosting provider through Live chat, they should be able to answer your all queries. Researching and comparison is the best part to deal with different web hosts.

WebHostingTalk and WebmasterWorld. I have been a member of both for a loooong time. Mostly lurk at each, but spend a fair amount of time at WebmasterWorld...learning.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

6. Thanks From:
    kse

You are repersenting (or own) a Hosting company so I can see why you may not like review sites. I was not asking your option about hosting reviews I was looking for feedback from ABW respected members what review sites they like. I have learned a long time ago not to beleive what hosting companys say or post on their site. I would rather ask their users.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanne View Post
    I am not against web hosting review sites, but mostly these sites are owned by affiliates so there are less chances to get actual customers review there. You should be able to find a quality host on forums, I would recommend you to browse some of the posts here and WHT forum along with web hosting offer thread section. I am sure this will help you in getting your next web host quickly.

Also the best approach is to contact the hosting provider through Live chat, they should be able to answer your all queries. Researching and comparison is the best part to deal with different web hosts.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Hosting review sites are a dime a dozen and I've never found one that I would rely on for a hosting decision. Usually, these review sites highly recommend webhosts who offer the highest affiliate commissions, and those that don't are often paid to give favorable reviews.

I agree with others who have suggested WHT, Webmasterworld, or even ABW.

Personal recommendation has to be the best way to find a decent web host. Reaching out to members in forums like abw who rely on hosts to serve them 24/7 with 99.9% (100% preferred) uptime, super fast servers and excellent customer service.

Whilst i dont intent to belittle the type of sites mentioned, seldom there is "ouwt for nowt" meaning nothing in life is for free. Sites like these rely on visitors, and for sure they make a buck out of it.
    Word of mouth is the best advert any host can get and no amount of advertising spend will buy that! Maybe thats why these sites exist.

I recall a few years ago, a host that i use a lot and still do, asked all his customers to visit a review site and vote for him! Why?

The guy is anal about security and speed and to my mind runs the best service and price of all the hosts i use and yet for a few extra bucks wanted to game the system!

To me it just does not make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    You are repersenting (or own) a Hosting company so I can see why you may not like review sites. I was not asking your option about hosting reviews I was looking for feedback from ABW respected members what review sites they like. I have learned a long time ago not to beleive what hosting companys say or post on their site. I would rather ask their users.
    @kse

I am a sales and marketing representative of our company, which is related to with web hosting industry. So I know what exactly all those reviews sites stands for. Actually, that was my mistake because I assumed that you need an opinion about hosting review sites. However, my intent and recommendation was not wrong and other “respected members” have been given almost similar replies. I know it is pretty difficult to choose new web host, as there are tons of web hosts available in the market.

You know it is like a choosing a rich taste Apple in the bucket, without a single bite you can not judge which one is more tasteful than others. It doesn't sounds that you want to bite all, but your guesswork should be very strong so you can pick appropriate. That's all.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    kse how about you look through http://www.webhostingtalk.com/ and Web Hosting Reviews, Hosting Directory | WHIR. Give us your opinion about the sites, a critique if you will.

We really need a good recommendation for hosting and domains on ABW. Not sure the most effective way to do that but we get the question routinely.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; May 20th, 2011 at 11:52 AM.

Hey... it would be much better to find some review from following sites.... I just completed my decision of cliental hosting services from following sites.... but do always search for "[Site name] negative reviews" on google when choose.... its a bit sarcastic but can help you moving towards right direction.

Web Hosting Reviews by Web Hosting Geeks
    Internet service providers - ISP reviews and ratings - CNET Reviews

Regards
    [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="4"]Craig Stephen[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [URL="http://Logoinn.com/affiliate-program"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Sienna"][B][SIZE="1"]Logoinn.com[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL] | [SIZE="2"][URL="http://Logodesign247.com"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][B][URL="http://www.logodesign247.com/affiliate/"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Logodesign247.com[/COLOR][/URL][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL][/SIZE]
    [EMAIL="affiliate@logoinn.com"][SIZE="2"]Contact Us[/SIZE][/EMAIL] | [SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=30741"][COLOR="Black"]Full [B]PPC[/B] Allowed / [B]30%[/B] flat commission / Unlimited Cookies [/COLOR][[B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Logo Design[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]24/7[/B][/COLOR]][/URL][/SIZE]

13. Thanks From:
    kse

webhostingstuff
    webhostingtalk

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacki View Post
    i think hostgator is the best.
    I think HG stinks as a review site.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Hostgator is good. I use it. Witzer said it was bad as a review site.

The orginal poster wanted review sites.

Hostgator is not a review site. HG is a hosting site.

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    Hostgator is good. I use it. Witzer said it was bad as a review site.

The orginal poster wanted review sites.

Hostgator is not a review site. HG is a hosting site.

That was my humble attempt at humor.
    HG is not a review site...therefore it is not a place to get hosting reviews
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

18. Thanks From:

I trust with web-hosting stuff reviews,where i can find the reviews with the client portal associated websites.

I will look up for the who is to find out the genuineness of the reviews

I always goto WebHostingTalk for reviews on hosts, I don't remember purchasing hosting without reading its reviews on WHT first, I also found some good coupons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanne View Post

I agree with that, and I have hard time finding an honest hosting reviews site ... but I stumbled upon a site where rating is real time and they talk about the good the bad the ugly of every hosts. I like the expert reviews section in every host - a lot of great info.
    Last edited by bibby; September 23rd, 2011 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Link drop

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread