Thread moved
    My thread about the recent World Class Nutrition and OPM Randy Norton - Snow Consulting commission change has been moved to the Snow Consulting forum. A mod asked if I would like it moved and/or retitled, I asked for it to be retitled but NOT moved. Those two posts seem to have been edited from the thread.

I tried to be clear that my intended audience was the family of SAS merchants and affiliates. And, meant to be more advisory than accusatory. Now it has been effectively hidden in plain site by moving it to the sub forum. It was moved from a fairly high focused traffic forum to a lower traffic even more focused forum. I'm disappointed.

I also have one question. Do Snow Consulting moderators now have edit control over a thread that they didn't have while it was over here?

Snow Consulting moderates their own forum, yes. Brian and Crew moderate the SAS forum, usually ABW mods only take care of overt spam in private forums and subforums.

3. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    Snow Consulting moderates their own forum, yes. Brian and Crew moderate the SAS forum, usually ABW mods only take care of overt spam in private forums and subforums.
    That's what I understood. I figured it must have been an ABW mod that made the move.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    So if an ABW mod, for WHATEVER reason, moves a thread from the Shareasale forum to the OPM's forum, the OPM can then edit the thread?

Hmmm...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

I'm not sure who moved it, haven't tried to look at that, it may have been moved by SAS? I can see if the history is open, but posts and threads in private forums like SAS are subject to forum owners' moderation. They have their own mods. No matter who moved it, it is in a private forum so yes, the forum owner can moderate anything in their forum. If they needed us to do that we would all be 2busy. There are a lot of private forums on ABW.

The thread history does not say who moved it, but it shows your 6 posts starting on May 9th are there there intact, nothing was edited according to what I can see. Your original thread is set to redirect from where it was posted. If posts were edited in any way it shows, and yours show no edits.

Quote Originally Posted by justnet View Post
    My thread about the recent World Class Nutrition and OPM Randy Norton - Snow Consulting commission change has been moved to the Snow Consulting forum. A mod asked if I would like it moved and/or retitled, I asked for it to be retitled but NOT moved. Those two posts seem to have been edited from the thread.

I tried to be clear that my intended audience was the family of SAS merchants and affiliates. And, meant to be more advisory than accusatory. Now it has been effectively hidden in plain site by moving it to the sub forum. It was moved from a fairly high focused traffic forum to a lower traffic even more focused forum. I'm disappointed.

I also have one question. Do Snow Consulting moderators now have edit control over a thread that they didn't have while it was over here?
    Oops, I must have made a big mistake. I swear I wasn't drunk this morning when I posted this, maybe I wasn't awake yet. The 2 posts I thought were missing are in fact there now. And, to the best of my memory they look original to me. Normally I try to check things a few extra times before I put my feet in my mouth. But it sure looks like I was wrong on this one.

Sorry folks.

I am still disappointed about the thread move though.

My apologies. That was me who renamed and moved it. I totally missed the part of your post where you said you would rather it stay here. I was in a hurry when I was going through the forum, but that's no excuse.

I've moved it back. I left a permanent redirect in the Snow Consulting forum, though, so anyone looking for information about World Class Nutrition there will see it.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

there may have been something technical going on for the missing posts.. I had a PM that I had read days ago show back up as unread and if someone was rebuilding indexes (or whatever the local equivalent is) our view can get a little out of wack then.

Michael: maybe it's a "best practice" to always post who moved a thread and why.. that way it's a person and not "some mod.." a little transparency can't hurt.. but on the upside when someone admits they missed the non-move request and posts that admission it's a good thing as well. (we all screw up sometime)

Thanks Skip. I do try to do that, most of the time, but I was just in a crunch for time that morning.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    My apologies. That was me who renamed and moved it. I totally missed the part of your post where you said you would rather it stay here. I was in a hurry when I was going through the forum, but that's no excuse.

I've moved it back. I left a permanent redirect in the Snow Consulting forum, though, so anyone looking for information about World Class Nutrition there will see it.
    Thank you Michael

jon

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread