Low Merchant Acceptance Rate
    I'm having difficulty joining merchants with LinkShare. I've been inactive for about 45 days (Could this be an issue)? We're currently developing a site and are close to launch. All of a sudden our partnerships have decreased to 0.

I have a few questions:

- How do we increase partnerships efficiently?
    - Do we have a higher chance if we perform well with some partners?
    - Is there a current limitation set on my account?
    - Inactive for 45 days an issue?

Please help a fellow understand the LinkShare system.

Thanks!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    LinkShare has some very picky merchants who only accept highly established sites. If you do not get a response from the LinkShare system (don't hesitate to call) then contact the merchant directly. When I have had applicants contact me as the merchants affiliate manager explaining the relaunch I have always accepted them into the program.

Calling close to a thousand merchants is no easy task. Is there a better way? How about we perform well on a few merchants first and then we can apply the other merchants?

- Maybe having some conversions will help merchants auto-accept?

Most on LinkShare don't auto-accept. If you can't find the time to contact the merchant then move off of LinkShare.

I've been inactive for about 45 days (Could this be an issue)?
    If I see an affiliate with no traffic, no ranking and no network ranking I decline them. If they reach out to me personally I take the time to review them. Sounds like you are trying to join 1000 programs as your goal as an affiliate. Maybe you should get your site launched, develop traffic then go back. Otherwise you will need to talk to someone directly to get a different response. Start with 10 and see what you get.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi majestique,

Typically, Advertisers will look for established websites. Advertisers will look for a valid website that has some traffic on it.

You mentioned your partnerships decreased to 0, that is an indicator that advertisers are removing you because you are not an active partner.

We have a help center article (that is updated monthly) that shows Advertisers that automatically approve publishers.

LinkShare Publisher Help Center :: Advertisers Enabled for Auto Approve

Hopefully this should get you started in getting LinkShare links up on your site.

--Ranae
    Last edited by LinkShare Moderator; May 17th, 2011 at 05:36 PM.

I agree with Chuck about joining too many merchants too quickly. Like any partnership, it's important to cultivate a relationship with the merchant.

Many Affiliate Managers will be receptive when you contact them and may be able to guide you, so you can get accepted.

It is time consuming reaching out to all your merchants but it's important to do so, otherwise you're just a number.

The reason why I'd like to join all merchants at once is because I'm creating a review site for all merchants, so it'd be nice to be able to join all merchants efficiently.

All sites start with 0 traffic, but eventually they might have lots of traffic. Why create more barrier to entry? I guess there are so many inactive affiliates that AMs get tired of going through a gigantic list of non-performers.

But as a company who legitimately needs to join 10s of thousands of companies, this challenge does make it difficult. We all have to start somewhere I suppose.

Thanks for all your feedback!

Agree with what Chuck said... Go slow and steady... try contacting Affiliate Managers directly, see if they can help you...
    Harish Kumar |Contact
    Head- Pulbisher Management
    Komli

A network like Shareasale gives you the ability to message the merchant when you apply. Not sure if LinkShare offers that. Otherwise you use the shotgun approach, apply to all and circle back on those that reject you.

I don't think Linkshare gives the option to include a message. That should be mandatory.

majestique, see if you can contact the program manger and open a dialog. If Linkshare doesn't list their contact info goto their site and look for a customer phone number to call and ask for the managers contact info.

I've called places before and had them tell me they have no affiliate program, lol. Usually and indication of how serious they take their program.

11. Thanks From:

I suppose I can reapply when I'm converting for some of the merchants.

But what criteria do most merchant auto-reject/reject on?

- Could it be based on my network performance?
    - Based on Alexa ratings or something similar?
    - Seems like LinkShare disables relationships once there's a 30 day inactivity -- this creates lots of headache.

Having these questions answered will really help.
    Last edited by majestique; May 20th, 2011 at 02:15 AM.

All three

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by majestique View Post
    - Seems like LinkShare disables relationships once there's a 30 day inactivity -- this creates lots of headache.
    LinkShare as a network does not disable relationships after 30days of inactivity, however the advertisers might.

--Ranae

15. Thanks From:

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread