Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Thumbs up Case Study on Affiliate Link Encoder
    Affiliate Marketing Case Study – ALE

I put this case study together over the last few days. It highlights how powerful the ALE can be for certain forums, blogs, social networks, etc. Would love to hear what you all think...from the intro:
    This case study demonstrates how Teton Gravity Research (TGR) immediately started earning commissions from thousands of archived forum threads that included links to web retailers like evo, Backcountry.com, REI, Patagonia.com and other outdoor merchants they are associated with at AvantLink. Most of these links were posted by TGR forum members during the course of a discussion thread.
    Affiliate Marketing Case Study – ALE
    Last edited by GravityFed; May 17th, 2011 at 03:56 PM. Reason: added italics on quote

It is a very useful tool in the creation of the shop templates too. I don't need to try to create affiliate links to every section of the merchant's site that I'd like to link to.

Absolutely. From the second of two applications/uses I mention:
    Site administrators or bloggers can install an ALE subscription once on a site-wide include or template, and not have to worry about linking through network tracking URLs in order to get credit for referred sales. For obvious reasons this is a huge efficiency tool for bloggers and other content producers.

Site administrators or bloggers can install an ALE subscription once on a site-wide include or template, and not have to worry about linking through network tracking URLs in order to get credit for referred sales. For obvious reasons this is a huge efficiency tool for bloggers and other content producers.
    That is, indeed, an excellent application, is slick and (almost too) easy to "install."

I have been exploring a bit with one of your merchants (with whom we are now working). It certainly saves time and effort - no more need to build deep links. It's simply a matter of 1) finding the page I want as a destination, or deep link; and 2) using that page URL as the link. The ALE takes care of the rest. Bravo!
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Thanks, Bill! Glad you are finding the ALE useful

You're welcome. But, heh, as you know we'll soon be helping you to promote its use for (at least) one merchant.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

very cool - never realized the SEO implications for the merchant

Bill had a great Gotomeeting with Jill the other day to go through everything...as you know. Glad you guys are on the case

And Thanks for reading it sC.. some of the merchants were getting the link value already, as in the highlighted case with TGR. But it certainly can be a good opportunity for merchants to negotiate exclusive long-term use of ALE from certain Affiliates..

GM

Affiliate Network Rep Chad-AvantLink's Avatar
    Hey all. To go alone with Gary's most excellent case study, I've thrown together this little video diddy quickly explaining how forum owners use and benefit from the ALE:

YouTube - AvantLink ALE & Forums

For those who saw our Affiliate Marketing 101 video, this will feel kinda familiar.
    Last edited by Chad-AvantLink; May 18th, 2011 at 12:07 PM.

10. Thanks From:

We distributed a PRWeb news release specifically about the ALE Case Study.

Affiliate Marketing Case Study - AvantLink's ALE

We have used PRWeb for a long time, but not so much recently. Great admin improvements, and for the $200 "Advanced" package it's still very much worth the $$. Check out just a couple examples of the coverage when done correctly...note the links go with the syndication, which IMO is worth the $$ alone

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread