Well, once again I got a completely different answer about whether Canadian visitors who click on an link are credited as an lead. Here's a quote from an e-mail from eBay publisher support:

"Please contact CJ in regards to the tracking of an international user through our links. That tracking of commissions is understood best by them. I believe you would need to be joined with those affiliate programs as well to be credited the commission. "

So eBay does not actually know if a Canadian clicking on my link is credited as a $5 lead, or if the Canadian is redirected to which may cause me to lose the lead.

Am I the only one here who feels like he's being yanked around?

At this point it doesn't matter about secrets. It's already out in the open that they did not inform affiliates that buyitnow's did not validate registrations until a few weeks ago.

I don't think it can be accurately tracked automatically where a customer is coming from. If a Canadian visitor passes through your CJ link and goes to register they will have to change the country to Canada on the registration page. At this point they are transferred to I would doubt that site would would validate cookies from based CJ links.

Your best bet might be to direct Canadian visitors on your site to a Canadian visitor's page which includes the links.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread