WP edit problems
    Can anyone help me! I recently went to edit my home page in wordpress using firefox as my browser and there is only html code in the visual tab aswell as the HTML tab, so I cant edit my pages, only in html.
    I then tried with internet explorer and the page was there as normal in visual tab, but unable to edit the images, because the page slides when i try to click on the edit option on image, tried to go full screen to edit (which works) but when I click on the fullscreen toggle the page will not minimize and so i cant save my changes.
    This is the same on all my pages.
    This is infuriating, is this a browser issue or somthing else?

It could be a plugin issue, especially if you are using a plugin to enable php. That can disable the TinyMCE editor. Two things you can do:

Look under Settings > General and see if the allow edits box is not checked. (I don't have the page open in front of me, but near the top there is a check box to allow WP to do edits)

OR disable any plugins that enable php in WP and try again.

3. Thanks From:

15 years and counting
    I had that problem with IE on some of my WP blogs. It was caused by a bad update. Some of the files were not updated. Just try to reload WP.

5. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I had that problem with IE on some of my WP blogs. It was caused by a bad update. Some of the files were not updated. Just try to reload WP.
    yay, yes just reinstalling has done the trick, thank you both, I did just change my theme recently, maybe that was the root.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread