How many keywords?
    Im in the process of building backlinks from 3 key word phrases at the moment from my home page but want to aim for another 5 easier PR options, but need advise as to what amount I should be concentrating on at a time, and do i use the same keywords for all my pages? if so how many per page, or can I just get away with linking back to my home page with all the keyword phrases.

Your post is a little vague, but I'll post in response to what I think you're talking about in relation to what I do.

I focus on one long tail key phrase per page. There are two main reasons that I do this: 1. It's easier to optimize the entire page for one key phrase and that page should be more competitive for that key phrase in the SERPs. 2. When my customer/visitor finds my site on Google for that key phrase, they are brought to a page exactly about that specific product/key phrase which should provide me with a better conversion rate.

I don't worry about backlinks as much(or at all) as I focus on content. Quality content will get you much further in Google than a backlink that you arranged, and that content is a long term boost that will hopefully get natural backlinks.

My main page isn't something that I care too much about for products. I use it as a place for customers to use when navigating, bookmarking, or seeing what's new on my site. I don't try to get backlinks to my root index page for products.

Please also understand that Page Rank is good for only one thing: selling links to people who think Page Rank is important.

3. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by calebtheredwood View Post
    Your post is a little vague, but I'll post in response to what I think you're talking about in relation to what I do.

I focus on one long tail key phrase per page. There are two main reasons that I do this: 1. It's easier to optimize the entire page for one key phrase and that page should be more competitive for that key phrase in the SERPs. 2. When my customer/visitor finds my site on Google for that key phrase, they are brought to a page exactly about that specific product/key phrase which should provide me with a better conversion rate.

I don't worry about backlinks as much(or at all) as I focus on content. Quality content will get you much further in Google than a backlink that you arranged, and that content is a long term boost that will hopefully get natural backlinks.

My main page isn't something that I care too much about for products. I use it as a place for customers to use when navigating, bookmarking, or seeing what's new on my site. I don't try to get backlinks to my root index page for products.

Please also understand that Page Rank is good for only one thing: selling links to people who think Page Rank is important.
    could hardly be put better - especially of the panda updates, good content focused on an LSI or a long-tail is the way to go

Thumbs up
    The right value of keywords in a title is 3 to 4 times.This value is search engine friendly.

One keyword phrase per article is the way to do it. You would want to target only one keyword phrase, as it would then be really hard to work into the article text and make it sound natural.

The links to your homepage help your site across the board so that would be a good overall strategy. Then determine the page you want to rank for and focus on building just to that page until you have your desired ranking, then move on to the next. If you spread your links out too much between pages you will dilute their effectiveness.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

Thank you for your appreciation, Arleen I'm glad you found it helpful.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

keyword density no longer matter, even once is good enough to rank a page to top for that keyword if it have same keyword anchor text.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread