Hello Everyone!

I wanted to pick your brain on the best way to roll out a new product to active and new potential affiliates. Is it best to call or email? Place banner ads and listings on directories? What would get you to promote a new program that is a different industry? We have had our mortgage program going for the past several months and it has been great so far, but on-line schools (our new product) is a totally new world for us. We are excited but are open to any suggestions that you may have….. Thanks again for all of your help!

Congratulations for having such a good shopping season, hope everyone's expectations were exceeded!

fawn.portugal@fastfind.com

it all depends...

some affiliates dont want to be called under any circumstances... others dont care...

I for one dont care... 'cuz I use voice mail.. to monitor my calls, anyone who needs to get in touch with me quick knows how to do that.. IF they can follow instructions or (they have my unlisted number)

then of coarse you asked about email... here some affiliates get iratated if you send them unsolisitated email (they consider it spam) even if they signed up for your program...

I for one, would do both, call those I could never know when one of those calls could turn into something big.. I'd send out an update email... I owuld include the annoucement and some tips how to market your program in general and I would also offer to any affiliate that need help.. some affiliates just need someone to bounce ideas off of..

Most of us have spouses that dont want to talk about our online adventure.. so, if were are brave we post in a forum and ask suggestions... or we do nothing... most of us do nothing because we are afraid to be made fun of, afraid to fail, or just plain afraid...

I would also do a paid annoucement here at ABW... to cause some buz..

the financial sector is up to bat right after Christmas.. are you ready????

Joe

PS>> hey Fawn shoot me a PM...
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Thanks Joe!
    You are always helpful ABW is the best place to get advice and announce our program. We do advertise here, hopefully some of you have noticed our banners! We have inquired about additional advertising to promote our new program (education); we are waiting for Haiko to get back to us. We do want to be in touch with our affiliates and we respect their privacy. So email may be the way to go, as long as it gets read! I like talking with our affiliates best, I feel you can tell the level of enthusiasm and work together on creating the best individual plan. Conversations can really help strengthen our partnership.
    So affiliates, is it better for us to wait for you to contact us for advice and or help, or should we give you a ring? Would you appreciate if we checked in periodically, to see how everything is working for you? How would you prefer to be contacted? And, please update us with your current address and phone number, if things have changed.

Spouses and friends may not be interested in the "online thing" that's OK, you may not be interested in gardening, sports, collectables, etc. The directories and your affiliate
    "family" is always here! BTW: there is never a stupid question, unfortunately some people may not be the kindest. (not at ABW !

Yes, we are ready for financial and education! We have gotten co-brand ready for the rush Christmas will be here and gone, before we know it. Happy holidays everyone! (especially, you Joe)

Fawn/Missy,

I'll call you on Monday - have some personal issues.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

http and a telephoto
    I don't like being called unless I have corresponded via email and have told the AM it is ok to call. If I have already been conversing with an AM via phone, it is ok for them to call me.

Email is the best first contact, with an offer for a phone call. I have made quite a bit of money with programs after having a phone call or two, especially when the merchant fits my existing site traffic. For programs going after new traffic, all the time on the phone may not help
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thanks Haiko, I hope you are doing OK...
    Anyone else want to share on keeping in contact with affiliates? Can touching base on new products, promotions, etc. be something we can do for you? Would you prefer a phone call or email? We do appreciate our partnership, and want to see how we can work the best together. (I hope all AM's are watching this post

I'm really only waiting for the other shoe to drop - I'm ok - just not very 'talkative' or even in a 'email' mindset.

TY for the well wishes and asking!

===========

What I've seen and heard is that calling is really a no no - unless you have the number as an opt-in. Email works but not in any sort of mass effort or proliferation, postcards have been acclaimed before, but I find them as intrusive.

I'd do a survey with existing affiliates (cookied - via surveymonkey.com or the sort) asking for their number and then you'd know who you can contact via tel and those who want email or other contact without offending.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

As a newbie I'd be gob smacked if an AM phoned me and offered help and suggestions.

I guess I've a long way to go to make enough sales to register on their radar.

R

Hello, thanks for responding to this post,
    So many affiliates and work styles, It'll take a lot of effort to notify everyone conveniently We'll try! It seems like email is the way to go, during this holiday/busy season. We would like to personally go over our new product (education) and commission payout, so if you are one of our affiliates, give us a call. We'll be here to assist you! Take Care everyone, and hope you are able to relax and enjoy the upcoming holiday season! fawn

fawn.portugal@fastfind.com (415)946-5264

I'd prefer the email approach - it saves me having to search for new merchants on my own. Most of the approaches I get, I don't join up with, but one of my best programmes found me this way and two years later we have a good strong relationship and do very well together. I also like pro-active AM's and this is a step in the right direction.

The email should be to my site email address, and not at CJ, they just get sent out like confetti and are pretty valueless.

Hello,
    Thanks for your insight Paul, Joe, Haiko, Richard and Loxly! I do appreciate it and value your insight. We sent an email out to our current affiliates (via their preferred/contact email address) to announce our education/product launch. When we approach our new affiliate prospects, we visit their site to see if we are a good match; and will call or send an email (usually through the contact us section of the site). We want to have the best relationship with our affiliate partners, and get our program’s benefits announced. Affiliates, if you sign up for a program, use the notes/comments section to notify us of your preferred contact method. Keeping in touch and respecting each other’s schedule is the only way to work well together. Email may seem like a lot of fluff/junk, but take a look and glance at the message; there may be a rewarding offer or new product or promotion for you.
    Once again, congratulations on an amazing holiday season! I hope everyone's hard work paid off Take care...

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread