Zero day cookie
    Rockler Woodworking and Hardware, anyone know when they changed it. Hadn't been much of an earner for me yet. Won't be now.
    Last edited by justnet; May 21st, 2011 at 08:51 PM.

I gave up on Rockler when they halved their commission rate from 10% to 5%

Now I send my traffic to eBay

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by justnet View Post
    Rockler Woodworking and Hardware, anyone know when they changed it. Hadn't been much of an earner for me yet. Won't be now.
    didn't know they changed cookies to zero day. time for me to drop them.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ View Post
    didn't know they changed cookies to zero day. time for me to drop them.
    Neither did I, I just got a feeling that I needed to go check their profile page yesterday. It had been a while since I'd looked at it.

I just sent them a question about it on their contact form. Probably will hear tomorrow.

added: didn't realize they were also in SAS -- I'm in the internal affiliate program and asking there.
    Last edited by Herb ԿԬ; May 22nd, 2011 at 11:39 AM.

I noticed they are on GAN now too.

Outsourced Program Manager
    I always thought when a merchant changed commissions or cookies that an email went out from SAS advising the affiliates> Isn't this true or does it only go out if there is a change in the TOS>

Seems any changes in the orginal program the AM should notify the affiliates BEFORE it is done.
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

8. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Richard - AMWSO View Post
    I always thought when a merchant changed commissions or cookies that an email went out from SAS advising the affiliates> Isn't this true or does it only go out if there is a change in the TOS>

Seems any changes in the orginal program the AM should notify the affiliates BEFORE it is done.
    I don't remember getting an Email, I suppose I might have missed it.

The Rockler site shows Julie Fox at eaccountable as the AM. The programs have different terms on different networks. Cutting the commission would send out an email but changing the cookie life? I have never received a notification about any programs on SAS if/when that changes. It is as important as a commission change, it alters the terms of the agreement. I am not a SAS Rockler affiliate but I have been in the in-house program for about 10 years. Guess I'd better take a look at those terms in light of this.

Shady, Shady, Shady - Time for me to Dump them too - Anyone know of a good replacement?

15 years and counting
    Rockler Woodworking and Hardware was converting well a long, long time ago. The problem I had with them was the low, low commission rate. Even at 10% you make nothing or not much.
    I lost interest with them.
    Now with 0 day cookie, 5% commission, on several networks. Forget them!

Response from Julie Fox at Rockler.

"This decision was implemented by SAS as part of their "mulit-network" policy. We have raised this issue twice with them and I have escalated it directly to Brian Littleton. As a matter of record, Rockler runs a 14 day cookie for their in-house program and for GAN. It should also be the same for SAS. We are working to get this resolved.
    Also, just to clarify some other comments made in the forum ~ any commissions changes that have been made have pertained to coupon or trademark bidding violations. Those affiliates have been notified of the terms and changes."

Even if they change the 0 cookie day - I will most likely drop them for the reason Zeus says:

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Rockler Woodworking and Hardware was converting well a long, long time ago. The problem I had with them was the low, low commission rate. Even at 10% you make nothing or not much.
    I lost interest with them.
    Now with 0 day cookie, 5% commission, on several networks. Forget them!

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by janew View Post
    "This decision was implemented by SAS as part of their "mulit-network" policy. We have raised this issue twice with them and I have escalated it directly to Brian Littleton.
    Hmmm....what's this multi-network policy she speaks of? We run multiple networks and SAS has never contacted us about making a change. Is it new? Am I lost?

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Drumm View Post
    Hmmm....what's this multi-network policy she speaks of? We run multiple networks and SAS has never contacted us about making a change. Is it new? Am I lost?

Bob
    I think it was a result of the affiliate reduction summit in Nov '10

Also, just to clarify some other comments made in the forum ~ any commissions changes that have been made have pertained to coupon or trademark bidding violations. Those affiliates have been notified of the terms and changes."
    That is untrue. Rockler cut their commissions quite some time ago and it was across the board, had nothing to do with coupons or violations of any kind. I had thought about switching to SAS's program back about the time they cut commissions and did not change because of the cut. It would have meant I could use PopShops to populate some niche site pages but in the end I just did other work instead. They cut the in-house commissions at the same time they cut in SAS.

Affiliate Manager Decorative Ceiling Tiles's Avatar
    Jon,

You are doing a great job watching all these things!

Quote Originally Posted by Decorative Ceiling Tiles View Post
    Jon,

You are doing a great job watching all these things!
    Thanks but not really. I just happened upon this one by accident.

Affiliate Manager Decorative Ceiling Tiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justnet View Post
    Thanks but not really. I just happened upon this one by accident.
    Are you sure about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Decorative Ceiling Tiles View Post
    Are you sure about that?
    What, that it was an accident?

Yup.

They've been off my real time radar for a long while. Kind of a last resort if I needed to promote an obscure product. I saw a visitor and said what the heck let's go see if they raised that 5% commission. BUT NO!

Oh well, their pages have been up and indexed for a while. If I earn a few bucks a year, good. I won't delete them, but I won't put any more effort into them either.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Hey Everyone, just chiming in so that things are clear here...

ShareASale has policies ... and the reasons are two fold.

1. To protect affiliate commissions and the process during which that all takes place.
    2. To make sure that the information advertised is accurate.

In the case of cookie durations - if a 30 day cookie is advertised, we need to make sure that that is truly the case...

When a Merchant utilizes 2 or more networks, it is common that they only commission based on which NETWORK received the last click.

While this is certainly a reasonable overall policy, it effectively reduces the cookie duration when landing pages and special URLs are used to determine which NETWORK received the most recent click.

It is a very complicated issue - but there is no malice behind it... we are simply trying to report to an affiliate what is truly happening.

Robert - I don't like to discuss specific issues or accounts on public boards, please email me and I can help you get setup if there is anything that needs to be changed...

With regards specifically to the issue with Rockler, we will contact them to help them get back to where they would like to be with a 14 day cookie. It is a matter of technical setup and I'll follow up on that with them.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Brian

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread