I want to add internal anchors to my site. I'm using Frontpage 2000 and figured out how to add rollover characteristics to a hyperlink.

What I can't figure out, however, is how to get hyperlinked text to appear without being underlined. In other words, if it doesn't have a cursor pointing at it, I don't want the text to look as if its hyperlinked.

(My rational for this is to add anchor tags on the home page pointing towards specific sections of an internal page. I'd hate to have an home page full of underlined text).

Is there an easy way to do this?

TIA.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sweat:
    I want to add internal anchors to my site. I'm using Frontpage 2000 and figured out how to add rollover characteristics to a hyperlink.

What I can't figure out, however, is how to get hyperlinked text to appear without being underlined. In other words, if it doesn't have a cursor pointing at it, I don't want the text to look as if its hyperlinked.

(My rational for this is to add anchor tags on the home page pointing towards specific sections of an internal page. I'd hate to have an home page full of underlined text).

TIA. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In Page view, at the bottom of the document window, click Design.
    Highlight your link. Right click>hyperlink properties>style>format>font>put a check mark in "no text decoration">click "ok".

That should do it. Hope that helps. You can also find a different method here.
    frontpage hyperlink tutorial

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    In Page view, at the bottom of the document window, click Design.
    Highlight your link. Right click>hyperlink properties>style>format>font>put a check mark in "no text decoration">click "ok".
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not seeing the "text decoration" option in FP2000. I guess it was added for FP2003.

Is there another way to do this?

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Try manually putting

style="text-decoration: none"

in the <a> tag.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sweat:

TIA. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can download the free frontpage add-on from Microsoft that lets you do this. Here is the link. No Underline hyperlinks in frontpage 2000

Or

You can handcode it yourself as described here
    hand code no underlines in frontpage 2000

Thankis for the tips!

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread