I was paging through this at a local book store today. It was very interesting to see many of the merchants we all promote in there. I only had a few moments to page through it and did not notice any affiliate sites in it. I am sure there may be a few because it started getting in to finding deals and how to make product comparisions.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>* Shopping on the Web is increasing at a phenomenal rate, making this book a priceless tool for readers who want an online shopping experience that's fun, easy, secure, and saves both time and money
    * Each site is rated by price, selection, service, convenience, and security, and extensive indices make it easy to find products by company name, product name, keywords, or URL
    * Easy to use and read, this book provides descriptions of more than 1,500 of the best online shopping sites, grouped in useful categories such as apparel, computers and consumer electronics, home, garden, and food
    * Includes sidebars on specialized shopping topics such as buying a car online, planning a wedding on the Web, and arranging dinner for two online
    * Features a special section on purchasing services on the Web-everything from plumbing help to limousine services
    * A unique "Trading With the Natives" section discusses online auction sites (including eBay) and classified ad sites
    * Written and researched by Frank Fiore, the expert online shopping columnist at About.com <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    2005 Online Shopping Directory For Dummies

Hard to imagine anyone needing to read a book before shopping online. What people need is a book to teach them how to search properly. Maybe an affiliate needs to write a book, affiliates have more experience at finding deals

ABW Ambassador
    I'm gonna get it, there's gotta be something in there that can be of use.

16 and a half bucks at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

This looks decent too

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...e&s=books&st=*

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I bought The Purple Book last year. I found it helpful to think about online shopping from the shopper's perspective. I think sometimes our familiarity with the subject works against us, and it's helpful to look at it from a different point of view.

ABW Ambassador
    I got both of them coming on Thursday. It's good to know about the merchants we partner up with. Book review to follow

Both seems to be quiet informative read. Good idea to get them.

We'll wait for Trust's reviews.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

I ordered them both, for $31.00 between the two of them you coulden't go wrong....

Glad trust looked on Amazon, I was going to go back to the store and pay $65 for the two of them.

ABW Ambassador
    Damn, Amazon is fast. Did 2 day delivery and it came within 24hrs. of ordering.

Both are big books, over 600 pages each. Skimming thru them and it's basically shopping categories with lists of merchants with a little about each of them. So i would get it if you might be looking for some more possibilities (indys) to put on your site. Will go thru them better after the holidays.

Here's just a couple of possibilities:

http://www.mudpuppy.com/mudpuppy.cfm
    http://www.africanhut.com

There are so many merchants out there with affiliate programs its' crazy, but luckily most stick only with network merchants, less competition for me

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread