Google +1 is coming to a site near you
    So Google is copying social networking sites with its +1 button, but Google is working on the next step which will allow us to add the button to our sites thus seeking approval from visitors.

Good or bad? Will this influence ranking, how open to abuse is the system.

Come on folks, vent your feelings

Regards

We had a discussion on this about a month or so ago, it was a featured thread, and I still think it reeks of spamalicious. Google is just looking for ways to monetize their site, like anyone else.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    We had a discussion on this about a month or so ago
    http://www.abestweb.com/forums/searc...ghlight=google
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Thanks Convergence, I got a good bslap for posting that. Since then Facebook has moved up to 600 million members. Am sure the blackhats are well past th gaming phase but Google will eat their lunch.

What is going on with Google and social other than YouTube? I guess they have Google Buzz but I don't know anyone using it.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Personally, I don't think Google quite knows what to do about becoming "social". It's evident they WANT to be social, I just don't feel they know how to actually be so.

Have seen commercials on TV, as of late, pushing Chrome. While they own the search market, how many of their users actually know about the hundreds of other services they offer. I don't know all that they offer. Google has been a verb for so long maybe they have entrenched themselves too far into search with the general populous.

IMhO, I think the average online user doesn't like to put all their eggs in one basket. Companies get so large and they start losing that "little darling" feeling and start looking more and more like another Enron...
    Last edited by Convergence; May 26th, 2011 at 12:45 AM.
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Google: Why don't you stick to what you originally set out to do. Deliver relevant quality results. Up til this last update they did that. Now they are going off the deep end. Well maybe it is a blessing since it will allow their competition to recapture a decent share.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Personally, I don't think Google quite knows what to do about becoming "social". It's evident they WANT to be social, I just don't feel they know how to actually be so.
    It is like their bringing "customer service" to AdWords. They want to have Customer Service; they just don't know what it is.

8. Thanks From:

Don't think it will influence ranking directly, but it's definitely a good way to build reputation for our websites.

ABW Ambassador
    this will just single out sites that rely more on social networking and have large numbers of traffic that interact, everyone else will be thrown out after awhile.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Just received the following message from Google

Hi there,

You asked to be notified when the +1 button code was available, and today's the day!

The +1 button makes it easy for visitors to recommend your pages to friends and contacts exactly when their advice is most useful -- on Google search. As a result, you could get more and better qualified site traffic.

You'll need to add a small snippet of code on the pages where you want a +1 button to appear. Ready to get started?

Anyone tempted to give it a go?

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread