Thumbs down WTF is up with Affiliate Networks
    I just started back into affiliate marketing...boy things have changed.....All networks suck!!!!

I created a niche site and do a search in Performics for advertisers that match my niche....It shows 180 merchants....Why do i have to manually accept each one, then have to create a new search to get my results back.

WHat is up with Linkshare? I..The coupon Feed is written in Greek.

Performics (google) - boy these guys are missing the boat....still. just like performics

Cj.com - I still like the setup, I just don't trust the tracking

Why cant networks do this, instead of creating a platform around merchants, create a platform for affiliates.

For an example:

Hi <%Name%>, Welcome Back,

We have 36 new coupon (or whatever affiliate you are) affiliates, click here to apply to each one....(1 click)

Here is your dynamic Feed for all your current coupon merchants...Click here to create a new XMl Feed or To edit your datafeed click here

Im rambling but now i remember why I got out of affiliate marketing...

......We have 36 new coupon (or whatever affiliate you are) affiliates, click here to apply to each one....(1 click)
    That would only work if every one of those merchants had identical Terms of Service. Or, are you saying that you don't want to bother reading and accepting the legal "arrangement" for doing business with each merchant you care to promote?
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Welcome back, Jason!

Have you tried some of the other networks, like ShareASale, AvantLink and buy.at?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I understand your frustration. I am diving in after about 2 1/2 years off and it appears that the more things change, the more things stay the same.

I can say that I have seen improvements with a couple of the affiliate networks that I used to deal with, but I am going to have focus squarely on some super unique products/service to make this re-entry worth my while.

Your frustration is valid, though there are some trade-offs when you mass-join or when merchants accept affiliates who do not specifically seek out their program.

Perhaps networks could have a scheme where merchants could opt-in to such a mass-join facility, if the affiliate meets certain criteria. Still, the affiliate would need to agree to each merchant's policies (they do vary).

Welcome back!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread