ABW Ambassador
    Now, since the update I see that google is not worth that what I always considered. My websites are far away from the top in google. I always thought that my major income comes from google, but now since I get almost no traffic from them I see that without google my sales do almost not drop although the traffic went down to 30% of the normal. On the other hand I see a rise in sales for merchants which never had sales before. I think that this has something to do with the security hole google reported for their desktop search. This hole made it easy for thieves to steal sales and leads.

carneol

I agree 100% instead of wasting time worrying about google build your pages for yahoo and msn. I dont use google to search and neither do any of my family or friends. is ban-the-googlebot.com taken i wonder lol
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    .."I think that this has something to do with the security hole google reported for their desktop search. This hole made it easy for thieves to steal sales and leads."

I don't know if the Google desktop security hole was jump upon or penetrated by some ad-nausium Adwhore BHO operation...but that'll be the money motive.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

google is mostly used by tech savy people and people who are anti ad.

ABW Ambassador
    as far as I understood the security hole:

spyware could read all searches the user executed and act accordingly

carneol

Gotta love the constant review of what Google is or isn't.

Here's an article that talks about Google's possible survival vis-a-vis Micros*(&79ft.

Fred

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> google is mostly used by tech savy people and people who are anti ad.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    My first reaction to reading that was to say 'absolute rubbish'. But as it's Xmas, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and ask you to prove it. In the meantime, I'll tell my 66 year old mother that's she's 'tech savvy' while we have Christmas dinner.

all of us who feel we've lost exposure due to some change in the algo at google, take heart -- I've noticed changes (upward) in hits via google in years past right after the new year starts.

I only hope that's true this coming year!

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread