How About A "Program Closed" e-mail
    McKenzie Books closed their ShareASale program on 5/12, but I didn't find out about it until I 5/30... I was using their API, so I continued to serve up dead links for two weeks...

It would be nice to get e-mails when one of MY program closes. I would also like e-mails when one of the programs I participate in goes offline due to lack of funds.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

2. Thanks From:

An email would sure be handy but Brian has turned down that request many times. I use a RSS bookmark to check them: http://www.shareasale.com/a-offlinehistory.cfm

It is not filtered to only show your merchants so it can be a lot to wade through.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    An email would sure be handy but Brian has turned down that request many times. I use a RSS bookmark to check them: http://www.shareasale.com/a-offlinehistory.cfm

It is not filtered to only show your merchants so it can be a lot to wade through.
    I know, but I think I will bug Brian every couple of months for the rest of his life, or until he has it implemented.

Hmm, I should have accepted the "think tank" invitation, then I could bug him in person... "makes mental note to have t-shirts printed for the next conference"...
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Even better would be if networks would inform themselves (by testing) when merchants "close" their programs by removing tracking mechanisms from their site, and they stay "online" with live links by leaving a few bucks in escrow with the network.

Good (trustworthy and responsible) networks make a point of monitoring and testing to prevent this type of cheating by merchants.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

6. Thanks From:

I can quickly see which of MY merchants are online, low funds, etc. by viewing the "Activity Summary" report. Right now, I see that out of the 56 merchants I currently have relationships, one is "Closed" (HomeroomTeacher), four are "Temporarily Offline," and four have a "Low Funds" status. (You can also download the Activity Summary as a text file, and then sort it by merchant status, which I found useful when I had relationships with thousands of ShareASale merchants.)

There is also an "invalid links report" (which I always have trouble finding , because it's under the "Get Links" menu instead of the Reports menu). Since the report only shows invalid clicks for the past day, I'd love if this could be emailed to me daily.

ShareASale doesn't do everything we want it to, and I certainly wish they were more proactive in dealing with merchants whose tracking fails. Even after I reported that HomeroomTeacher was not tracking properly, ShareASale didn't follow up (after an initial reply promising a full response within five days) until I "bumped" the trouble ticket a couple weeks later -- but then they immediately closed the merchant's account.

But I recognize that ShareASale has limited resources, because of its low pricing and the large number of unsophisticated "marginal" merchants whom it serves. To provide a higher service level, ShareASale would need to increase the fees it charges (which would drive away and exclude smaller merchants, as we've seen with the Kowabunga experience).
    Last edited by markwelch; May 30th, 2011 at 03:53 PM.

They should just as easily be able to see which merchants have not fired a tracking pixel over an extended period of time, and flag that merchant's account to be tested for tracking compliance. There is no excuse for not doing this.

If any of the "big" networks were this lackadaisical in ensuring that advertisers are properly crediting affiliates for sales referred, they would get run up a flagpole here. But when it comes to Shareasale, there's always somebody here to make excuses for them.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

9. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager Decorative Ceiling Tiles's Avatar
    This is just an unfortunate situation. I feel your frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post
    If any of the "big" networks were this lackadaisical in ensuring that advertisers are properly crediting affiliates for sales referred, they would get run up a flagpole here. But when it comes to Shareasale, there's always somebody here to make excuses for them.
    It happens at the "big" networks way more frequently than you would guess.

I totally agree with everything in this thread. These are things any network should do, and I would love to see ShareASale do them as well.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread