Go JETS Go!
    I'm excited, elated and ecstatic. After 15 years, my home town of Winnipeg gets an NHL franchise.

Hockey will now play in a real hockey market!
    They will be the Green Bay of hockey, the smallest market to have a team but hopefully they will have some pep to them.

I do live in Minneapolis and love the Wild but having a team back in Winnipeg has been a dream of mine. I have tears in my eyes and I haven't felt this way since team Canada beat the USA in Salt Lake City.

I was really happy to see this too, Bibby. I was sad when they left Winnipeg lo those many years ago, and although it's a different franchise returning, it's still incredibly meaningful.

At the same time, my heart goes out to the loyal ATL fans losing their team today. We almost lost the Sabres a few years ago, and I was unable to get out of bed.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

You're right Kevin. Winnipeg's gain is Atlanta's loss. I too know how painful it was to lose my team. I was one of thousands of fans who rallied to save the Jets back in the day.

The difference is that was/is Winnipeg's only major sports franchise. So the hit was huge.

Winnipeg is much different today. It has one of Canada's strongest economies and the CDN dollar is at par with the US. This coupled with the fact that in 2005 the NHL instituted a Collective Bargaining agreement and salaries are kept in check, makes for a much different situation.

I hope the Sabres never lose their team. Hockey needs to stay in its traditional markets.

Quote Originally Posted by bibby View Post
    The difference is that was/is Winnipeg's only major sports franchise. So the hit was huge.

Not much of a Winnepeg Blue Bombers fan?

Sure am but it's not major league. I used to have season tickets to the Bombers but after watching NFL football, it's tough to get into the CFL.

Kaizen, where in the True North are you from?

Saskatchewan... not quite in the middle of nowhere... but I can see it from here.

LOL. so you must be a Roughriders fan eh? Funny a guy from the Peg and a guy from Saskatchewan meet up on ABW. While I don't watch much CFL anymore, I still get-up for the Labor Day classic.

I have many memories (Many not so good) watching my Blue play Saskatchewan.

You might say, the middle o nowhere but your province is kicking *ss economically.

It's good to meet a fellow Prairie guy on ABW.

Yeah, I bleed green and have been known to wear a watermelon on my head. Labor Day classic, Banjo Bowl.... good stuff.

And yes, it feels rather odd being a "have" province finally, but I'll get used to it - lol.

It's good to meet you too, Bibby.

Crazy CFl Ending

Since it was brought up.... Best football game ending ever. CFL or otherwise.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread