Internet Cowboy
    I made a post regarding Haiko's recent Ebates discovery stating that I e-mailed the merchants I promote in a certain category and told them that I would drop them if they continued to partner with Ebates.
    Well...I am glad to say that two of five merchants have confirmed that they have dropped Ebates all together. I will not say that it was totally because of my actions, but I will say that my e-mail sparkled an investigation that ended up with them dropping Ebates.
    I will not name these merchants nor will I name their category. I am only posting this to let everyone out there know that we (as "small" publishers) can make a difference.
    One of these merchants actually sent me an email and told me that dropping Ebates would hurt for a while and that since they did that, they expect me to step things up to promote them. I will indeed step things up to promote this merchant now. I encouraged this merchant to out his program in here, knowing that if he does, more publishers will pick up his program. It only seems right to let the honest affiliates know that this action has been taken, but that is his decision to make.
    I am encouraging everyone else out there to go through the Ebates Merchant List, pick a few merchants, or all of the merchants in a given category as I did, and send them a nice, yet stern, e-mail telling them where you stand.
    If all 14,000 + members of ABW did this, we would see the Ebates of the world getting smaller and smaller and our portion of the affiliate pie increasing at the same rate or possibly even at an increasing rate.
    Happy Holidays to all!

Mesa, Arizona
    Good move on your part Scott! However, let's face it, it's like farting against thunder to try and eradicate these buggers. There are just too many of them out there (eBates, Upromise, etc. etc.). We can only try and beat them at their own game, which is not going to be easy as long as merchants continue to support them. Most of them just don't care as long as they are making money.

Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    State of Perpetual Confusion

If your efforts helped just 1 affiliate get what's fairly due them, then you've taken a step in the right direction.

Even though, I am a very small fish, I will also
    contact merchants and continue to do so until I see some changes.

If we all fart in the wind together we can make a big stink.

Internet Cowboy
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If we all fart in the wind together we can make a big stink. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    That is exactly the idea!

If we all take a defeatest attitude, we might as well go out and get a j*b and give up on affiliate marketing.

A large part of my sales come from one category and I am content in knowing that I have done at least a small part in making that category more level for me.

Bravo scohaz!

One at a time can make a huge difference in the end.

Sorry to say Grumpy, but dont agree with your comments. If every individual thinks like that then things never gonna change. I agree we may not be able to eliminate them but surely all together we can reduce their reach to some extent.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

ABW Ambassador
    Good work scohaz!

Yes, some merchants do listen to the cries of small publishers like us and these are the merchants worth promoting

I've sent this info to 3 merchants so far myself, and one of them dropped eBates, another is still considering it, and the last hasn't responded as of yet.

I'm not saying what I told them made them change their mind, but I do believe every little bit helps in this respect.

Speaking up CAN work
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread