Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    I'm looking around myself but was just wondering if anybody knew any good ones. I know there are some merchants that have programs in other languages and such. Mainly looking for programs where Euros are involved or merchants in Germany, or U.S. merchants that have programs for that. Have a cousin living in Germany who does marketing over there and was thinking of adding sections to my site for that. thanks

ah
    http://partnerprogramme.com/english.htm

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Hi Trust,

You will find several good ones listed here:
    http://www.a4uforum.co.uk/index.php?s=

Linda Buquet 714.754.1280 :: Catalyst eMarketing Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Merchants!

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Linda, will check it out. Mainly looking for programs that use the EURO. I think these 12 use it now.

Austria
    Belgium
    Finland
    France
    Germany
    Greece
    Ireland
    Italy
    Luxembourg
    Netherlands
    Spain
    Portugal

Haven't talked to my cousin Ulf in a couple of years and we started talking about what i do. Wanted to see if i can get some of that EURO market.

I work in lounge pants

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Trust another good market that I don't think many affiliates have thought to target is the Spanish speaking market. I read an article about the huge # of people online that speak spanish and how there is very little advertising and marketing that focuses on this market. If you could get some translation software and convert some of your pages you could maybe add some significant revenue from that market too.

Linda Buquet 714.754.1280 :: Catalyst eMarketing Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Merchants!

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, i'm gonna try that too, give Chief Beef a little competition

I've seen some affiliates already do some of that, seen different versions of their site. I know BabyUniverse, and Sharper Image have Spanish language sites and some others.

I know i can get some traffic to some German merchants/EURO. Just got done talking to my cousin and apparently he's pretty well connected, can get me some nice traffic. Makes me want to take a vacation.

I remember seeing a few .de merchants listed at CJ, have to wait till tomorrow to check it out.

Linda you are correct.. the spanish language market is is hugh... especially in the US.

The problem is finding someone the help with the translation into spanish...

I have been wanting to do this for several years... $$ is the barrier..

Joe

And, that's the bottom line because it's my2cents!

Joe,

Its not as hard or expensive as you think. If you have a community college close by enroll in a class. Or go online through an affiliate program and learn an hour a day online.

SandraR
    <font size="1" face="Arial">| SSAN &amp; AIM: SSanAssistance | MSN &amp; Yahoo: SSan_Assistance |</font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    Or just spend $20 and get this

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...61605?v=glance

or something like that, lots of electronic translators out there.

I work in lounge pants

You'll get some pretty weird results if you rely on electronic translators.

Computers are amazing machines, but, so far, the nuances of translation are beyond the capabilities of their feverish little circuits

One thing you have to consider is Spanish speaking population is relatively poor. Not only in the US or Latin America, but Spain itself.

Plus, according to a survey I recently read, something like 98% of PC software in Southern Europe is pirate. If they can pick up the latest stuff for a few Euros, with the authorities turning a blind eye, they are unlikely to pay full price.

Still, for products other that software and music, it might be worth trying to break the Spanish-language market.

Nadeem Azam
    No1Free.com - promote your website for free
    Azam.biz - go here to develop a residual income stream

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>One thing you have to consider is Spanish speaking population is relatively poor <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There should be a few people here old enough to remember saying the same thing about the Japanese.

Catalyst,

Do you have a link that article you mentioned?

Because, I think Spanish-speaking people use English online, especially those shop online. They don't search for "Las Bolsas De Gucci" (forgive me), they search for "Gucci Bags".

So, I doubt if is there any substantial market for Spanish-speaking shopping sites.I'd be interested to see numbers proving otherwise.

Europe, however, is different animal. There is very good market for affiliates in UK, and Europe, very little competetion, at this point.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>One thing you have to consider is Spanish speaking population is relatively poor. Not only in the US or Latin America, but Spain itself.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where did you get that ing Bullsh*it from??

-------------
    <font size="1">The price of Open Source is your sanity</font>

ABW Ambassador
    I almost forgot.. http://www.tradedoubler.com is a European Affiliate Network. Might have what you're looking for.

-------------
    <font size="1">The price of Open Source is your sanity</font>

The Internet in Castellano:

http://latino.msn.com/

http://www.terra.com/ (Btw, did you know that a spanish firm owns Lycos?)

http://espanol.yahoo.com/

Check what advertisements are shown on these big portals (in spanish)

"translation software"

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH! No - please - don't use translation software. Whatever you do - seriously - would you buy anything from a site that says something like this (This is a babelfish translation) "Our very better products are you can buy. We offer fine articles for its home, family and life."

Translation is cheap (about 12 cents a word) - and no, web surfers really won't buy from an English language site - not unless they are REALLY fluent in English - they are much too careful with their credit cards to risk buying something when they don't understand the terms. The internet is ubiquitious here - most everyone has DSL - and, at least in Italy, one of the most successful companies is Esselunga.it - where, like webvan, you can order your groceries on the net and have them delivered.

If the cost of translation has been a problem for you in tapping the European marketplace - please write to me. This is a wide open market - filled with folks with DSL, credit cards (yes - the bankomat cards DO carry Visa logos here) - and no one is selling consumers here anything - kind of assuming that an Italian, or a Spaniard, or a German who uses the internet would order in Engish if they really wanted to buy.

The other thing about this market right now is how strong the Euro is, and how expensive the cost of living is. If folks here were given the opportunity to buy a multiregional DVD player for 100 Euro (about 130 USD) they would - because that same multiregional DVD player HERE costs @ 350.00 USD - The drop in the dollar really has only benefited BIG multnationals - consumer prices for American goods haven't dropped a bit. There is money to be made in Europe by small American merchants if they translate and market in the local languages.

The folks here aren't poor, are on the net, and no, they don't really speak english well enough to read it well...

Best,

Shaun
    (An American in Italy)
    http://www.xtranzonline.com

A couple of thoughts from a European:

First, do NOT use translation software or online automatic translations, it won't get you anywhere, it will only alienate visitors and definitely not make them buy stuff or even come to your site again. Use human translation, it's the only way to do it.

Second, online shopping in Europe is only catching up to US levels, it's definitely not the same environment as it is in the US. There are a couple of reasons for that and one of the most important ones is credit cards.

Credit cards in Europe are not the same as in the US, they are not the same product and they are perceived and used differently. I personally have 3 different bank cards with the VISA logo on them, and only one of them can be used on online shopping sites that accept VISA cards!! And that's not the only problem, people in Europe are generally more protective of their credit cards and other banking info than US consumers, they won't give out their credit card info easily, especially if they haven't heard of the merchant before.

And also, customs is a big issue. If a European consumer orders something from the US, they are going to pay customs on the package which can add 10-30% to the price of the item. (And i haven't even mentioned shipping costs.) There are no customs charges if you buy from within the European Union though.

That said, online shopping *is* popular in Europe, but it's not the same environment or the same level of convenience as in the US. Something to think about.

Hi Trust,

if you're still looking for German programs you should have a look at Zanox, there are several German programs and you can switch the language of the interface to English.

Another network is Tradedoubler. You should be able to access German programs through the English interface, too. Maybe you have to write a mail to Customer Service, but it should work.

The third big network in Germany is Affilinet but I don't think there is an English interface. I know that you know some German, maybe you can work with the German interface as well.

Lutin

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for all, lutin for the tips/comments. I was also looking at Amazon ( http://www.amazon.de ) which has their program in a lot of other countries but i think you need to be from there to sign up as an affiliate. Luckily i have relatives living over there so maybe they can sign up for me and if i ever make money they can send me the check along with the Bounty Candy Bars i get every now and then.

I have a 15yr niece that likes to practice her English so i think i can get help with at least the German translation. Something i'll be looking into when i have some spare time.

Also got to find out which SE's are popular over there, some of the ones that people have forgotten about over here do great in Europe.

I work in lounge pants

Good luck

Just let me know when you need some additional information.

Lutin

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    Thanks for all, lutin for the tips/comments. I was also looking at Amazon ( http://www.amazon.de ) which has their program in a lot of other countries but i think you need to be from there to sign up as an affiliate. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

TrustNo1

You have a good idea. I have always tried to make my websites not be so "America-centric" - I typically augment my amazon.com links with uk, ca, de and fr links.

I have had good results with the uk and de amazons. Also keep in mind that Amazon.de is setup to sell to Austrians too. And they have AWS running, although I've not used it for
    amazon.de

I'd like to know if the best way to appear in google.de is to have a .de domain name --- anyone know?

ABW Ambassador
    It seems they are the same results the natural search listings and you can have Adwords setup to shop for specific countries.
    http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...nline+shopping

http://www.google.de/search?q=online...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

But people shopping from other countries will search using their language so you just need to get that language into your site and that should do it. Edited to add, that's if they search Das Web but they probably search Deutschland where the domains look to be pretty much .de

How are you working the amazon.de?
    I have US links to Amazon, can i make links from that account or do i need to open a new one? Not sure exactly how all that works.
    Thanks

You have to apply for the German Associates Program in order to set up links to Amazon.de. It works pretty much like the program from Amazon.com.

When considering targetting "alternative" markets, you should think very carefully, and do your research before you jump in.

This is a good example :

>> One thing you have to consider is Spanish speaking population is relatively poor. Not only in the US or Latin America, but Spain itself.

Whilst this is true to an extent, it's hardly the whole story. As a contrast, consider that Germany has quite a strong economy, high per capita income etc, but sucks as an ecommerce market. This is largely due to a deep seated suspicion of credit cards in Germany. CC ownership is very low, and use online even lower.

By extension, it is a relatively poor target market for affiliates, as online trading activity is low (pay per UV, or pay per lead type programs will still work more or less as you'd expect, but pay per sale income might disappoint you, because Germans in general don't "do" online purchasing), although if you target younger, more affluent demographic groups who are more comfortable with the online world, have higher CC ownership / usage rates, you'll probably do better.

Spain is also a relatively poor ecommerce (and hence affiliate) "hunting ground" as ecommerce is not taking hold there either. This is actually a result of 2 effects, lowish per capita income, especially amongst the 25 and under age group due to low employment rates, and a strong tradition of buying from local shops (chain supermarkets in out of town locations underperform in Spain too).

This is hardly to say that Spain and Spanish speaking territories CANT be good markets though, just that you have to work harder to find the right niche. If you do, the lack of competition should compensate you for your efforts...

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi Lutin,

just to complete your list of recommendations:
    CJ is now also doing business in Germany. We have round about 30 of the most successful German advertisers and others are waiting to get implemented. So, stay tuned....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lutin:
    Hi Trust,

if you're still looking for German programs you should have a look at http://www.zanox.com, there are several German programs and you can switch the language of the interface to English.

Another network is http://www.tradedoubler.com. You should be able to access German programs through the English interface, too. Maybe you have to write a mail to Customer Service, but it should work.

The third big network in Germany is http://www.affili.net but I don't think there is an English interface. I know that you know some German, maybe you can work with the German interface as well.

Lutin <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast