Advice Please - how do I insert golden can PHP code into individual WP pages
    Newbie here using WP. I would like to insert Golden Can PHP code onto my home page. Any help on how I get started would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Use the javascript OR install a php enabler plugin (I've never found a decent one, but not lookng very hard either) OR go with your own html pages linked to the WP pages.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    Use the javascript OR install a php enabler plugin (I've never found a decent one, but not lookng very hard either) OR go with your own html pages linked to the WP pages.
    thanks 2busy.... plugin of course! Will go find and test.

Unless you do something "very creative" with the GoldenCAN feed in PHP you will end up with nothing but duplicate content. I would opt for the javascript to show the products but created original narrative on the page(s) to describe what is there. Granted, it is more difficult to create good original narrative than it is to find the WP php plugin - so most people will not do it that way. You can do the work and have a more people (and search engine) attractive page - or take the easier way and have what a "bunch" of people have.

In the quick sample I did for Milan - the day the GoldenCAN feed was announced as ready - I took the easy way out (but am probably the first online to do so). The plans, however are to create a distinct page, with distinct narrative for each of the categories and use nine GoldenCAN implementations.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I often use the javascript when I would rather have the content indexed than a copy of the feed. Gets rid of all those duplicate content pages indexed in php. It is a great way to show a page of products in a post with a link to a shop in html/php.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread