Affiliate Manager Rob@GoFreelance's Avatar
    OK - how sad are you? Did you make it right through Christmas without checking your stats? Or did your nerdy side get the better of you?

I made it as far as lunch time on Boxing Day...then I took a quick peek at our CJ stats. I guess that makes me a computer nerd, so I'm off to console myself with a case of Christmas beer and donuts. Doh!
    Rob Palmer
    GoFreelance

Now going crazy on Clickbank...top affiliate makes over $3000.00 per day. Taking the CB Marketplace by storm. <a href="http://www.gofreelance.com/cbaffiliates.html" target="_blank" title="Going Crazy on Clickbank">Click here to get your share of the huge profits...</a>

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Did you work on Christmas Day? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Of course not!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Did you make it right through Christmas without checking your stats? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO! But stat checking isn't w*rk, it's fun!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I saw a report on TV that said nationally, more Americans than ever before are working on the Christmas holiday. Employers are allowing less time off.

With Bush's pro-employment/outsourcing and anti-American worker policies, it's only bound to get worse. Strange this would come from a self-professed "Christian" man.

At least in Affiliate Marketing, you get to pick when you want to work, or when you want to check stats, instead of being TOLD when to do it!

Andy

Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    If you are describing work as sitting in my bedroom, in my pj's, drinking coffee and snacking on chocolate chip cookies for an hour or so work, then yes I did work.

You see I am a nerd wannabe, and I'd like to be able to do this every day, not just days that I get off from my normal 9-5.

I guess however, I had better also add some exercise into my routine, cause those cookies can sneak up on ya pretty fast.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Yes, I worked on Christmas day. You guys do realize that only about a third of the people on this planet are Christian, right?

We had dinner at MIL's house (I'm in charge of Thanksgiving, she does Christmas) so I had no responsibilities other than showing up, complimenting her cooking, and oohing-and-ahing over the presents I received.

In fact, I can't remember the last day I didn't work on my sites!

Hmmm...I can't really call it work when I am having so much fun! I was chomping at the bit to leave the relatives from having dinner so I could do some things with my site!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob@FreelanceWorkExchange:
    OK - how sad are you? Did you make it right through Christmas without checking your stats? Or did your nerdy side get the better of you? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't actually work on Christmas day, but I did make $400!

Why not? It means nothing to me other than all the stores are closed and it is a pain in the butt if you run out of something. We did eat out mainly because the reataurants do it up fine on that day and don't charge a lot.

Other than that it is a normal day for us. Our celebration was on the 21st.

Why do those who enjoy Christmas even think anyone else has any interest in celebrating their religious holiday? Beats me.

But! Try as I might, I had a hard time not thinking, talking or checking about work on the 21st. I did try but it was tough.

So, I think, the question should be, "Did you have a hard time ignoring work on the day you celebrate your faith, if you do that?"
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Didn't work on Christmas. In fact, was off all week except Monday.

SSanf: For the record, I didn't work on the 21st, either. I was on my way to a college football bowl game.

I was not going to work Christmas Day. Having tons of relatives, friends and a few Grinches I didn't even know over,

I got ticked off when I didn't get what I wanted for Christmas. So leaving the party and went outside to do strange things to an inflatable snowman with a fork. Not being able to pierce the fabric with my eating utensil, I decided better go check the site. Who knows maybe a few witches came onsite and bought some things on Christmas specials.

Well, I was totally amazed and the excitement grew as I checked the CJ stats. WOW! Somebody actually bought something. Now it was just a small sale mind you, but it was a SALE!

Much to my dismay after checking the buyer report, I found out that the buyer was an Iranian named Achmed who lived in Nigeria and wanted next day shipment and had no phone.

Well now I am left without a sale or the Christmas presents I wanted .

So where am I at now? Working the site, not worrying about Google, updating the feeds, eating lots of chocolate, gaining weight, looking for another bottle of Martinelli's Apple Cider, wondering if I should quit drinking.

Happy New Year to all and happy Affiliate Marketing into the next year. Quit your *****ing, complaining, voicing of useless opinion and wasting Haikos bandwidth.

GO TO WORK!
    The rewards will come.

Poopie Nubert
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

http and a telephoto
    I work every day But, as posted above, it is *my* choice to work or not. Whether it is working my aff marketing sites, or my Cafe Press based sites, or scanning and converting photographs into cool new images.

November and December sales gave me lots of food for thought on what I need to work on, create and promote in 2005. Cats and Dogs rule and crafters never quit!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I was nearly driven to work and drink to get some peace with a houseful of adults and kids!

One kid playing his new Merle Haggard DVD full bore!"Aunty S..isn't he great,listen to this, and this...Yes dear"

Another one on the Playstation full bore "Aunty S look at my score, watch me do this..Yes dear, well done" and another playing "Smoke on the Water" riff over and over and over again on his new guitar!

When thoughts of crashing the guitar over his head,using Merle as a frisbee and crushing the playstation with a cricket bat started entering my head I thought it best to develop a headache and have a little quite time.
    Although it didn't drive me to work it did lead to a spot of peaceful sniping on ebay

Ho Ho Ho!

I got through the holiday without working but did start checking the stats again on boxing day after our mad-dash to the mall.

I went back to work full time, today but will take tuesday off (have a party to attend) and of course Friday will be a work free day because we're hosting the new years eve party this year.
    Never argue with an idiot.
    The person watching, may not be able to tell the difference!

:female: :star: :envelope: [url="http://www.bridalbasics.ca/"]:weddingca[/url]

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread