Unhappy Domain name abuse
    Hello,
    A few weeks ago I was visible with Google with not very competitive keywords with survivalist attached.Keyword survival was to high of a competitive key word ,and I could not gain any visibility. My visibility was in the the top ten with Google and my Google analytic reflected that.Two months later with great Google visibility, now I have very low traffic and almost no visibility . Other seo's still give me a visibility of the top ten, but my analytic for Google gives me zero results . According to my research I have not been blacklisted or Banned.I typed my domain name Peaceofminesurvival.com in the Google search engine yesterday and there was over nine thousand results.Today there's over ten thousand results. Other domains are tagging my domain name to their content as a no follow and I do believe this is why I'm having a problem with Google now . Please help, I just don't know. Tweerym

ABW Ambassador

Other domains can't hurt your site. It is not unusual for a young site to spend a few weeks at the top and then plummet out of sight. Some call it the honeymoon, it is short and sweet and nearly every new domain gets it, then they have to do some work to get back near the first page again.

When I put your domain name in the search, I see lots of places, but they are your own links in twitter, facebook, Google, pretty much a lot of self generated links. These do not help your site's long term value.

You should not worry about what shows up when you type your domain name into a search since that is not how anyone else will find your site. Rather see how far back you need to look when you type in the keywords you are hoping to do well with. Look at the sites at the top results for those terms. Do some compare and contrast, those are the site you need to be better than to get to the top.
    Good luck.

Domain name abuse
    When you type peaceofminesurvival.com in the Google search engine you will see seventy results, but if you scroll down to the bottom of the first page and click( repeat the search with the omitted results included ) then you will get ten thousand results.

domain hyjacking
    HELP IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE

I'm not sure that I understand your problem.

I seached google for "peaceofminesurvival.com", and the website
    http://www.peaceofminesurvival.com
    was in position 1 on page 1.

You wanted to do better than that? Or you want to ban anyone else from using that keyword?

Anyway, good luck, - wishing you tons of traffic!
    Last edited by 2busy; June 5th, 2011 at 09:46 PM. Reason: removed link

Domain name abuse
    NO! I just what them to stop using my domain name as their key word . that drags my domain name down in the hole according to some google articles. Back Links is good ,But using my domain name for anchors and no follows is bad.
    You have to go to omitting and domain name to see what I'm talking about , then you will see ten thousand results which to google is not natural.
    Last edited by Tweerym; June 6th, 2011 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweerym View Post
    NO! I just what them to stop using my domain name as their key word . that drags my domain name down in the hole according to some google articles. Back Links is good ,But using my domain name for anchors and no follows is bad
    It's happening all over, nothing you can do about it—they link to top brand sites also.

At some point, Google will remove or demote these sites. In many cases, they won't show up for keywords anyway. Had mucho problems many years ago with my site name in meta tags. Wrote Google: they said to contact the webmaster & ask them to remove it. Eventually, these sites disappeared.

Don't worry about what you can't fix...just keep building your site & make it valuable to readers.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    I'm not seeing what the "problem" is.

Only sites I see are websites where it looks like you link dropped and others like manta and robtex - this is when I put your domain name in the Google's search box.
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Same thing I saw, Convergence. It looks like someone went all over the place "building back links" only to find that it is not a good practice. The claim that tens of thousands of webmasters banded together to destroy the ranking of a weaker site is just sad. Shame on Facebook!

I just hope s/he can get some peace of mind...

12. Thanks From:

Thumbs up Domain name abuse
    No this is not true , like I said," if you enter in the domain name in G and then click on the omitted link on the bottom of the page you will see thousands of sites that tagged (peace of mine) url in their heading, that's bad practice . the very few back links I created I believe wasn't over done and I don't think that's bad practice if it's not over done.
    Last edited by Tweerym; June 8th, 2011 at 12:10 AM.

All due respect as I really don't understand what you think is a problem.

First and foremost, who is typing in your domain name in the Google? IF I was looking for your website, having heard the name or from memory, I would type in peaceofmind.com or peaceofmindsurvival.com.

the very few back links I created I believe wasn't over done and I don't think that's bad practice if it's not over done
    When you do what you do, the dredge of the internet are there to skim for keywords. Using blogspot, twitter, or any other public service that has rss / syndication feeds just feeds those that you seem to be bothered with.

Again, I just don't see a problem, especially for a seven month old domain...
    Last edited by Convergence; June 8th, 2011 at 12:42 AM.

It is normal for a young website to jump around in G rankings, and then settle over time.

With respect, I suggest that you are boxing at shadows.

16. Thanks From:

google will not rank for any keywords
    Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    Other domains can't hurt your site. It is not unusual for a young site to spend a few weeks at the top and then plummet out of sight. Some call it the honeymoon, it is short and sweet and nearly every new domain gets it, then they have to do some work to get back near the first page again.

My IP was Blocked by G and I found the problem. My website tonight was hacked and the hacker removed .txt from my robot file. So that fixed the block and I changed all my passwords. I still can't rank for any keywords at all with G seo, only with the other seo's can I rank. This is puzzling. ABW seems to be dead ,Floyd Said, "Is there anybody out there."
    Last edited by Tweerym; June 10th, 2011 at 09:16 AM.

Keep looking for a reason. G will not block your site for lack of a robots.txt file.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

...I still can't rank for any keywords at all with G seo, only with the other seo's can I rank. This is puzzling.
    You may have missed this post by Shoe-Shopping-Spree:
    It is normal for a young website to jump around in G rankings, and then settle over time.

With respect, I suggest that you are boxing at shadows.
    Your site is but one itsy, bitsy, teeny, weenie part of a humongous, unknowable Google equation. It exists in a bubbling stew pot with thousands, or even millions, of other sites all competing for the same keywords...sites that have more backlinks, have been around for years, etc.
    Renée

20. Thanks From:

Domain name abuse
    Quote Originally Posted by rematt View Post
    Keep looking for a reason. G will not block your site for lack of a robots.txt file.

-rematt
    Yes your correct, actually the google crawl was blocked do to the robots file missing the .txt extension.I stand to be corrected,Thanx

Domain name abuse
    Quote Originally Posted by JoyUnltd View Post
    You may have missed this post by Shoe-Shopping-Spree:

Your site is but one itsy, bitsy, teeny, weenie part of a humongous, unknowable Google equation. It exists in a bubbling stew pot with thousands, or even millions, of other sites all competing for the same keywords...sites that have more backlinks, have been around for years, etc.
    Yes you are correct too, I know that I'm seven mth old teeny weenie site and that's why this teeny weenie site made it to first page when using non-competitive key words and that must have hacked off the sites that have been around for years with many back links which I do not have. That's why I decided not to compete with the high competitive key words, because I can not compete with the lions I just half to out run them. It's a shark tank out there and I now realize the tactics used to destroy teenie weenie seven mth old sites that are in their way.thanx

Domain name abuse
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe-Shopping-Spree View Post
    I'm not sure that I understand your problem.

I seached google for "peaceofminesurvival.com", and the website
    Todays Disaster,Survivalist Foods,Seeds,Supplies,tools,Gear,Equip
    was in position 1 on page 1.

You wanted to do better than that? Or you want to ban anyone else from using that keyword?

Anyway, good luck, - wishing you tons of traffic!
    My domain name is not a keyword it's a domain name with a copyright attached. 2busy is correct , nobody uses a domain name as a key word in any search engine . Typing your domain name in a search engine always puts that domain name on top and it does not matter what domain name you enter. Just because the domain name is on the top after typing it in the engine doesn't determine your rank.

...that's why this teeny weenie site made it to first page when using non-competitive key words and that must have hacked off the sites that have been around for years with many back links which I do not have. ... < snip > It's a shark tank out there and I now realize the tactics used to destroy teenie weenie seven mth old sites that are in their way.thanx
    There's no such thing as non-competitive key words. There's low competitive keywords & when some site outranks one that has an top-notch SEO team (or even a reasonably good SEO team), they're all over the keywords you're ranking for.

H*ll, the aff programs you sign up with...they're all over your site & checking out what keywords you rank for if you get a lot of sales for some item or category. Do they launch a PPC campaign with them? You betcha.

Everyone competing with you isn't a shark. To me, a shark is someone who uses black-hat techniques.

You're in a super competitive business & no one is going to leave you alone to rule the roost just because it's a low competitive keyword & you're just a small, newbie site. You're easy pickins'.

You've received some fab advice from a lot of folks here who have tried to help you focus on the meat 'n potatoes of success. Hopefully, at some point you'll listen.

Stay on your journey & much success to you!
    Renée

Domain name abuse
    OK, I Guess I had that one coming and I was out of line . I'm just very upset with the hacking that my site just went through and some of the black hat techniques that I believe I have been experiencing. The worst part about this situation is that I believe I know where the hacker got my info from. I'm just lacking in trust for now.Sorry
    Last edited by Tweerym; June 10th, 2011 at 09:22 PM.

When you are raking in commissions hand over fist you might have some reason to believe that someone wants to take you out of the running, but at this point, no one is going to waste time doing you damage. Step back and take a good look at your site. No one would waste effort causing you grief as you seem to have that well under control yourself.

The best thing I could suggest would be for you to request a site review: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/site-...er-review-146/

You will get some of the best in the indusrty to help you find ways to improve your site, and find anything that's weird going on at the same time.

27. Thanks From:

Domain name abuse
    Thankyou 2busy I'll look into that

It's unavoidable. Your website is out there on internet and you want to limited people say something about it? And low quality backlinks will hurt your website? No one is sure about that.

30. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread