Hi,

First of all I want to wich you a merry christmas.
    I am doing PPC with google adwords for 1 month now and made some good money with it.

However I want to start with organic SEO.
    I have been looking arround at some popular forums including abestweb but there are so many different opinions. Some are talking about just working with link exchange, exactmatch keywords, multible pages with on each page differtent keywords, goog titels. Others are talking about hidden contect with keywords in it, spam blogging and DMOZ kind of sites.

Now I am wondering what the best thing is to start with. I am thinking of making a product page with the product as subname. Like: Product dot website dot com

I hope you can give me some good advise were to start and I think you will help other newbies to so lots of questions can be solved.

Thanks!
    www.perfect-jewelry-gifts.com

Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    I know that many do well with PPC, but for me I got totally clobbered. After reading every e-book from self proclaimed gurus in the field I did even worse

After loosing a small fortune, I decided to go the "free" way with organic traffic. I know that 99.9% of those posting to this board can give you better suggestions then I can but i do know one thing that does work....

content The more value you give your visitors the more they get to trust you and return often.

I have one site that currently is in the crapper if you look at it's PR with Google and Alexa yet, I believe, because of word of mouth it continues to do ok ( I was visiting a blog the other day and someone had recommeneded the site to someone else).

In 2005 I plan on adding more and more useful (and sought after) content and read these boards for more tips along the way.

By the time everyone else here adss their 2 cents you'll be on your way to a good year.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The major SE and PPCSE groups all want to please their own loyal traffic with clean meaningful SERP results. Cleaning out the affiliate traffic tricksters is there overall mission. Read my tag line and digest the message as it will never become obsolete. The shopper rules and demands no-one wastes their time as they wisen to the tricks of the Ad industry trade. Build meaningful shopper friendly specific pages within your sites expanding upon the merchants own limited offerings. Focus and filter traffic before it gets to worthy converting merchnats.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Ignor at your own risk....
    "Yahoo! strives to provide the best search experience on the Web by directing searchers to high-quality and relevant web content in response to a search query.
    Pages Yahoo! Wants Included in Its Index

Original and unique content of genuine value
    Pages designed primarily for humans, with search engine considerations secondary
    Hyperlinks intended to help people find interesting, related content, when applicable
    Metadata (including title and description) that accurately describes the contents of a web page
    Good web design in general
    Unfortunately, not all web pages contain information that is valuable to a user. Some pages are created deliberately to trick the search engine into offering inappropriate, redundant or poor-quality search results; this is often called "spam." Yahoo! does not want these pages in the index.
    What Yahoo! Considers Unwanted
    Some, but not all, examples of the more common types of pages that Yahoo! does not want include:

Pages that harm accuracy, diversity or relevance of search results
    Pages dedicated to directing the user to another page
    Pages that have substantially the same content as other pages
    Sites with numerous, unnecessary virtual hostnames
    Pages in great quantity, automatically generated or of little value
    Pages using methods to artificially inflate search engine ranking
    The use of text that is hidden from the user
    Pages that give the search engine different content than what the end-user sees
    Excessively cross-linking sites to inflate a site's apparent popularity
    Pages built primarily for the search engines
    Misuse of competitor names
    Multiple sites offering the same content
    Pages that use excessive pop-ups, interfering with user navigation
    Pages that seem deceptive, fraudulent or provide a poor user experience
    YST's Content Quality Guidelines are designed to ensure that poor-quality pages do not degrade the user experience in any way. As with Yahoo!'s other guidelines, Yahoo! reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to take any and all action it deems appropriate to insure the quality of its index."

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Good article on SEM firms needing to be booted out the backdoor into the alley...

http://www.clickz.com/experts/search...le.php/3450011 ...Search Engine Spam? You're fired! Search Engine Marketing

Another Gem...."The shows provide a curious opportunity to run into some of the worst so-called search engine marketers in the business: Those purveyors of questionable SEM tactics who cast a dark cloud over the legitimacy of the entire industry.

Search engine spammers and shammers run roughshod over the Google algorithm and corporate America alike. To a certain extent, I owe the search engine spammers and shammers my career. Were it not for the spammers peddling ways to artificially inflate a corporate Web site's search engine positioning by way of questionable organic optimization tactics, Fortune 1000 firms' headhunters wouldn't like me so much.....read on and enjoy...
    http://www.clickz.com/experts/search...le.php/3444461

Unnnn...realll... "I also owe the shammers: those so-called SEM firms that hound IT, sales, and marketing executives into making poor decisions. You know who I'm talking about. Those shammers sell corporate America a bill of goods. Without their "You'll be number one in Google" pitches to corporate America, we wouldn't have clear definitions of cloaking. Without their one-time SEO (define) "solutions," we wouldn't know how to look for doorway pages. Without their questionable linking strategies, PageRank might actually still be important.

SEM shammers remind me of the snake oil salesmen. I can just see the SEM shammers hittin' the Web with a carpetbag full of tricks to be sold as only carefully spieled techno-sales jargon can sell.... read on!

Ok thanks for the quick replies. I am also planning to write a ebook witch is in my interrest and then want to start a Affiliate Program with it.

Ok thanks for the quick replies. I am also planning to write a ebook witch is in my interrest and then want to start a Affiliate Program with it.

Roll with it folks, as Y2005 should be a real eye opener in a "Reality TV" type sit-com of the Evil Empire vs. The WebSlaves...

why not write 2 ebooks.. so I can label them both as worthless !

Why is it, that every newbie who comes here thinks that because they made $5 online they are now a webexpert?

Come on folks... there are many affiliates who earn 5 figure monthly incomes and they never write an ebook... does anyone ever wonder why?

it's simple... because what they do that works for them they dont want to share... to share how they earn their income would be finanacial suicide!

I for one am not willing to tell anyone how I make my money.. not in detail anyway.. unless there is residual income init for me.. ebooks have no residual income....

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Haha I see I cant say your wrong about newbies thinking they are webexperts. But I made a little more then 5 dollars

Why do you thin ebooks aren't the right way as you ARE a expert please tell me some more about it.

Thanks again

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread