ABW Ambassador
    I signed up for google adwords to see how it all works. I chose my keywords. Google calculated what it would cost me per day and said I would be in the number one position for the keyword I chose. It's been 48 hours and I have not seen my ad show up in google and when I check my stats it says 0 impressions 0 clicks. Obviously I would not have any clicks without any impressions but why no impressions. The status is active and normal. This is weird? I must be missing something?

ABW Ambassador
    Contact Google. They're very helpful and quick with the replies.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    Contact Google. They're very helpful and quick with the replies. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Trust, I just did.

Do you have enough funds in your account?

The google traffic estimator mostly isn't working so don't look at it:P
    www.perfect-jewelry-gifts.com

My husband had this same issue. When he contacted Google they said they had to check his site first to make sure the keywords he was bidding on were relevant to his site. Evidently they were red flag keywords that people abused. Once they saw that his site really was about those keywords they okayed the campaign.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Venator:
    Do you have enough funds in your account?

The google traffic estimator mostly isn't working so don't look at it:P <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I do have enough funds. After all I just got a payment from cj.
    I don't see the ads when I check google and my friend does not see them either.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>My husband had this same issue. When he contacted Google they said they had to check his site first to make sure the keywords he was bidding on were relevant to his site. Evidently they were red flag keywords that people abused. Once they saw that his site really was about those keywords they okayed the campaign.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My keywords are so g-rated and my status is normal which means the ads are supposed to be rotating.

Sometimes it actually takes 24 hours for the stats to show. Also if they think you are not spending enough money per day they will ration your ads. Show them over a 24 hour period but not every time the keyword comes up. They don't want you to run out of money in just a few hours.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>My keywords are so g-rated and my status is normal which means the ads are supposed to be rotating. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My husbands are very g-rated too - his website is actually a ministry related site not an affiliate site.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

Infoseeker,
    Expect a learning curve of 2 weeks.
    I think you bid on a term with to many advertisers, with your bid to low.
    Best is to put in a unrelevant keyword (or misspelling), too see if your ad can be shown for that unrelevant keyword.
    Google also has some problems, at least you'r not alone, google adwords beome almost a day task.
    peter

Infoseeker,

Some new accounts are flagged and will be in a hold pattern until the site, ads and account are reviewed. Give it some time and you'll start to see your ad. I've found that an email to Google will sometimes speed up the review process.

Originally posted by mokum <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>LinkShare and its partners will not provide a safe haven for unethical advertisers <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Now That's funny!
    <Font size="1" color="99000">Never doubt anybody's word for anything... but... Always double check everything... - Grandpa</font>

the probelm is real simple... your max bids are low...

PC is not for the faint of heart... be prepared to spend money and not get sales... especialy on general generic keywords...

you need to target your niche as titely as possible.. or be prepared to bleed $$$$!!!!!

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by my2cents:
    the probelm is real simple... your max bids are low...

PC is not for the faint of heart... be prepared to spend money and not get sales... especialy on general generic keywords...

you need to target your niche as titely as possible.. or be prepared to bleed $$$$!!!!!

Joe <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually I purposely picked two very specific keywords and when I tested them within the google interface google recommended what I should spend per day to be in the number one spot. Should I put in a higher amount per day? maybe I misunderstood what to do??

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by infoseeker:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    Contact Google. They're very helpful and quick with the replies. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Trust, I just did. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still have not heard back from Google. How long does it take before they usually answer? Maybe they are backlogged because of the holiday?

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread