Deactivated Puzzle
    When you dig into the interface and look at the groups of advertisers you see a group called "Deactivated". This includes those you have deactivated the merchant, those where the merchant deactivated you, and those that went "Term" and are no longer with GAN.

The problem lies with merchants that are Deactivated but not "Term". You can't tell in the interface whether you deactivated or they did. It may not matter though. I deactivated one today, and it didn't show up as available after that.

You would think if you were with a merchant a while, and then deactivated them, that you would at least have the option to re-apply. In this case I don't really want to, but was checking to try and understand how it works.

Tax Paying Member
    It has always been this way. Once you are out......you are out forever.......Black balled........No distinction as to you taking a rest or the network pulling your name out of a hat.......no second chances

Since this treatment is consistant, I assume that it is the network and not the merchant..........but once you are out with a merchant there doesn't appear to be a way to ever get back in.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Quote Originally Posted by Witzer View Post
    It has always been this way. Once you are out......you are out forever.......Black balled........No distinction as to you taking a rest or the network pulling your name out of a hat.......no second chances

Since this treatment is consistant, I assume that it is the network and not the merchant..........but once you are out with a merchant there doesn't appear to be a way to ever get back in.
    The weird thing is that the merchant I deactivated today was one I deactivated a while back, and they activated me again without asking.

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by John Powell View Post
    You would think if you were with a merchant a while, and then deactivated them, that you would at least have the option to re-apply.
    You might, but not through the GAN interface. Twice I was successful sending direct emails to the merchants.

Of course, sometimes you have to remind them to change your status in the interface.
    Last edited by Herb ԿԬ; June 8th, 2011 at 02:01 PM.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread