Wow... now THAT is discouraging...
    I finished reading all of the "as an affiliate I hate" thread and it sounds like there are 1000 different ways for affiliates to get screwed out the money you worked to earn...

i noticed that alot of the things mentioned were from back in 2006-2008 time frame, has anything been done to improve the communication and business practices of the networks/merchants/Affiliate Managers since then or is it pretty much still you better be sharp as a knife in looking to make sure your not getting screwed over the same ways you were 5 years ago?

It's a never-ending process. I would have to guess that the average tenure of an Affiliate Manager is 2 years or less, so as soon as you get one educated on affiliate best practices, they've moved on and you have a new AM to deal with and educate.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rmander1 View Post
    I finished reading all of the "as an affiliate I hate" thread and it sounds like there are 1000 different ways for affiliates to get screwed out the money you worked to earn...
    It's good to have read that, but you should also read the positives.

Kind of like reading Revelations without reading the rest of the Book...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I think there is more visibility into the issues. Networks have made improvements on some levels. Other networks have taken the imitative to fill the gap and they have been increasing in market share.

Unfortunately with the huge number of affiliate programs (estimated at 10k) the vast majority are on auto pilot. For those paying attention that communication has gotten better.

We have a long way to go to out the bad players, protect affiliates and get what we all want. That only happens with involvement!

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread