Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Coupilia.com (free coupon feed for affiliates) reviews?
    Hi,

did someone try Coupilia.com, the free coupon feed for affiliates?

I cannot join because I live outside the US. How do they compare to For Me To Coupon?

Do their coupons actually work? Do they actually test coupons, or just scrape them from coupon websites?

When will they allow affiliates outside the US or Canada?

Didn't know about them, but where do they say you cannot join if you live outside the US?

I haven't signed up (don't need the service now), but their registration page has a drop down for many countries, including mine. Or do they make you fill the form, and then tell you they cannot accept you because you don't live in US? (That would be VERY bad, in my opinion).

They clearly state that "We are not accepting affiliates outside the US or Canada".

I contacted them but no response.

And how can they run this service for free? Too good to be true.

The other option would be Formetocoupon, but their pricing is not newbie friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Charybdis View Post
    They clearly state that "We are not accepting affiliates outside the US or Canada".
    OK, I see the issue here: if you click on the "Affiliate" link in the top horizontal menu (next to Merchant and Agency), and follow through to register, you won't ever see the "Approval Criteria" page on which they mention the US or Canada requirement.

You only see this "Approval Criteria" page if you click on "Sign up Now" from the homepage.

I could not sign up. Is this service real? If someone is from the US or Canada, please sign up and write a short review!

Coupilia did not respond to my email. But the creator started a thread on this forum a while ago, so where is he? Is this a scam or what?

Generally speaking you get what you pay for. The coupilia service is free so I would not expect that they have hired a staff for customer service issues. Free services are usually worth every penny you paid.

7. Thanks From:

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    Generally speaking you get what you pay for. The coupilia service is free so I would not expect that they have hired a staff for customer service issues. Free services are usually worth every penny you paid.
    In the original thread the creator said it's just him, so there's no team to answer your emails or even to enter in the coupons, it's a one man operation, whereas we have a team of people collecting and testing the coupons before putting them into our feed. Hence the price.
    Trisha Lyn Fawver

@TrishaLyn | My Managed Merchants

I'm also wondering the same..I hope they're good because what sites like FMTC is charging for these services is outright disgusting...like come on up to $1500 a mth, absolute robbery! Are there any honest good business people out there anymore, specifically in the coupon business?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    In defense of FMTC its a different animal. For sites that are working with 1000's of merchants the FMTC datafeed can save several part time salaries. That could easily reach $10k per month. Coupilia.com would have to be adopted by many more merchants to directly compete. My take is that Coupilia.com is more of an open source project.

11. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by ddzc View Post
    I'm also wondering the same..I hope they're good because what sites like FMTC is charging for these services is outright disgusting...like come on up to $1500 a mth, absolute robbery! Are there any honest good business people out there anymore, specifically in the coupon business?
    Seems suspicious your 2 posts on ABW are bashing so called competitors of Coupilla....
    As for FMTC there are several service levels, the $1500 is the premium level, there are lower subscription costs. And considering the level of affiliates using our service I don't think they would be using it if they thought we were robbing them or overpriced.

And I take offense to you saying we are not good honest people.
    Last edited by flamingoworld; June 16th, 2011 at 03:15 PM.

13. Thanks From:

Coupilia.com?????
    Hi
    I saw a thread in the paid ad area and i tried to sign up as an affiliate for that site and after you submit the application it goes to an error. Is that network still alive or what? I couldn't respond to the thread.

The signup form appears to be working this morning, though I don't know whether anyone is there to follow up.

I was able to submit a new-affiliate application, and received a confirmation email (when I clicked the email's confirmation link, I got a message that "Your account has been confirmed and is pending review. We will contact you shortly.")

My original account was "suspended by the administrator," probably after my comments here: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/paid-...ed-142870.html

Another discussion thread: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/coupo...ws-145579.html
    Last edited by markwelch; July 23rd, 2011 at 12:19 PM.

Still no luck. If they have those types of problems with just the affiliate web form then I could imagine what other problems they have. I think I will pass, lol.

Now they charge $200/month. But they don't list any company name, email address, postal address or phone number. They don't respond to emails. Is it a scam?

I don't recommend for anyone to send money for them.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Charybdis View Post
    Now they charge $200/month. But they don't list any company name, email address, postal address or phone number. They don't respond to emails. Is it a scam?

I don't recommend for anyone to send money for them.
    As expected. There was a thread that is now gone - http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142870

when they first announced it and that it would be free and I pointed out that it didn't really make any sense and they would charge one day etc.

19. Thanks From:

Wow, I remember this discussion VERY well...

I recall the OP being quite disdainful of paid services out there, I believe the intent was to have merchants pay for inclusion.

The thread was a paid ad and after 30 days was removed. I will quote the first post here:
    Hi all,

Coupilia.com has just launched their rss/xml coupon feed. We are 100% free to use and any affiliate can sign up. We have roughly 1000 merchants and are growing rapidly.

100% gimmick FREE. There are no affiliate id swaps. No monthly costs. We are a free service that coupon affiliates can consume, no strings attached. Merchants upload the coupons so you know they will work and are approved for use.

Coupilia.com has just launched in beta, so to set expectations, there will be bugs but they will get fixed and the more affiliates we have using the system, the better we will get.

Help us put an end to the onslaught of affiliate emails, poorly formatted XML feeds from various platforms, paid coupon feeds, etc.

Check us out at Coupilia.com and sign up today.

Charybdis I don't see $200/month but rather $1.99 or $2.99. What are you basing your number on?

Chuck, the Pro version is $199/mo - Plus is $1.99

Added: I have no problem with a paid coupon service, I just remember the OP's disdain towards paid services, and asking why people should pay for something he will give away for free.

On the Plus page is shows Premium for $1.99 and Elite for $2.99 but I see what you mean on the Pro page it says $199. He certainly repeatedly stated it would be free or he might run some ads to pay any hosting fees. Seems a reversal!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    On the Plus page is shows Premium for $1.99 and Elite for $2.99 but I see what you mean on the Pro page it says $199. He certainly repeatedly stated it would be free or he might run some ads to pay any hosting fees. Seems a reversal!
    $199 is extremely reasonable if the feed is comprehensive even if the OP is going back on his plan to keep it free. However I registered but the login page doesn't work. Does anybody know the status of the site/service?

I signed up with these guys for free a few months back and downloaded the scripts fine, was awesome...but I recently noticed that they deleted my account. I also noticed it's not free any more, which is probably why they deleted my account. I tried to recover it with no luck. I even tried registering a new account and they disabled it...very shady people, I would stay far away from them...this is not how they should treat customers, definitely not a good business partner if your serious about your coupon business which I am...

is Coupilia.com a fake website? I contacted them several weeks ago, also signed up, but never received a response from them. So I cannot create an account there.

Maybe they just collect emails then send out spam.

Interesting news: they disclosed their identity at last: Coupilia.com - An Automated XML Coupon Feed for Affiliates | Coupilia.com

Could anyone sign up for a trial Pro account at Coupilia.com ???

I tried to contact them several times, no response! I sign up for an account, no response!

But I really need a solution like Coupilia. right now I use iCodes. Another option would be Formetocoupon, but $500 per month is a joke.

Here is the paid announcement he posted: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/paid-...ed-142870.html

You can contact him directly.

30. Thanks From:

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast