I found this article quite interesting and thought I would share.

http://www.webpronews.com/ebusiness/...mythified.html

I believe it. I had a site indexed and showing up in searches within a few days recently. Although theres no blog on it...but I can always add one

I can rant about poopie diapers and power tools!
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

totally disagree with the article. I think he just got lucky. But then, I have a site that is over a month old that was originally indexed for one page by google then dns screwed up and it couldn't be found by anyone for a few days. Google still, after three weeks, won't admit to knowing about it.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If there is a sandbox it can be circumvented by the use of google adwords on the site <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, Pal. When you fall off of the turnip truck, don't expect anybody to be there to help you back up onto your feet.

Well, i have launched 4 new websites during 3 weeks. 2 of them got into google.com within 1 day or so and other 2 are not picked up by google, even after googlebot has visited these sites for many times.
    <a href="http://www.freemobilefun.net">Free cell phone wallpapers</a>
    <a href="http://www.allmyringtones.com">Cell phone ringtones</a>

ABW Ambassador
    Who knows. You have lots of people saying they're in the sandbox and they might be, and then you can find people getting sites in with no problem. Google could be putting certain types of sites or sites with X amount of pages in a sandbox in an attept to fight SPAM. I haven't had any new sites in awhile so i have no idea, i just know i'm not having any trouble getting new pages in with already established sites.

The article itself is a joke especially this part:

1. If there is a sandbox it can be circumvented by the use of google adwords on the site.

"Next I setup the Google Adwords code on my site and began seeing public service announcement ads. I expected this since Google's documentation stated that these ads are shown until GoogleBot is able to index the site and present relevant ads."

I'm guessing he means Adsense code. Also the last sentence is wrong. For new sites/pages it'll show Public Service announcements until the Adsense crawler visits the site, different from Googlebot. Just because you have relevant Adsense ads showing doesn't mean your site is indexed.

But congratulations to him for coming in at #1 for a phrase nobody searches for. I don't think they're really targetting his type of blog, especailly blogs owned by Google with Google Adwords. So not a site that's good for testing the Sandbox out.

ABW Ambassador
    Um, well, what can I say about that article, except that he should stick to writing blogs and not make pronouncements about things he doesn't understand.

Despite the fact that everything he said is pretty much wrong, the URL of his blog itself tells you why this site may be ranking well. A subdomain of blogspot.com linked to from various other parts of blogspot.com - I don't recall blogspot.com ever being sandboxed. Do you ?

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread