Group on type sites?
    Anyone have a list or know where I can find a list? I see LivingSocial, Groupon, and Dealfind seem to be the biggest. Are there other big group discount sites that I am missing?

Thanks!

This being ABW, I'm assuming you're only interested in sites that have an affiliate program.

BuyWithMe (formerly GroupSwoop) appears to be doing well after the re-branding and some small acquisitions: http://www.buywithme.com/pages/affiliates
    Also worth trying:

1. Google Groupon, and click "similar" to find related and competing sites

2. Visit Groupon's profile on CrunchBase, and look at the listings under "Competitors"

Of note here is Google's recently launched https://www.google.com/offers/, but there's no affiliate program. I'm betting if this takes off they would want to expand further by launching an affiliate program, probably through the AdSense Program. But I'm also thinking maybe they NEED affiliates to make this really take off (some of their offers get really low signups).
    Last edited by 2busy; June 13th, 2011 at 07:56 AM. Reason: unlinked URLs

Thanks for the info...

Curious if anyone here has been promoting an of the group deal sites? If so, please share which has worked best for you, which one you liked, disliked, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeAppiah View Post
    This being ABW, I'm assuming you're only interested in sites that have an affiliate program.

BuyWithMe (formerly GroupSwoop) appears to be doing well after the re-branding and some small acquisitions: www.buywithme.com/pages/affiliates

Also worth trying:

1. Google Groupon, and click "similar" to find related and competing sites

2. Visit Groupon's profile on CrunchBase, and look at the listings under "Competitors"

Of note here is Google's recently launched https://www.google.com/offers/", but there's no affiliate program. I'm betting if this takes off they would want to expand further by launching an affiliate program, probably through the AdSense Program. But I'm also thinking maybe they NEED affiliates to make this really take off (some of their offers get really low signups).
    Last edited by 2busy; June 13th, 2011 at 07:57 AM. Reason: unlinked quoted URLs

My company recently launched our own daily deals site and affiliate program that is going very well so far. Although we are not there yet, CJ is a great place to get started with some daily deals programs. Also, if you look at some of the deal aggregator sites (www.mint.com/blog/saving/daily-deal-aggregators-12082010/) , you can see what programs they have and check out the company's site for info about affiliate programs.
    Last edited by 2busy; June 13th, 2011 at 12:12 PM. Reason: unlinked URL

Quote Originally Posted by PushPin View Post
    My company recently launched our own daily deals site and affiliate program that is going very well so far. Although we are not there yet, CJ is a great place to get started with some daily deals programs. Also, if you look at some of the deal aggregator sites (www.mint.com/blog/saving/daily-deal-aggregators-12082010/) , you can see what programs they have and check out the company's site for info about affiliate programs.
    thanks for the link, those aggregators are a good source to find all of the different group discount sites.
    Last edited by 2busy; June 14th, 2011 at 09:12 AM. Reason: removed quoted link

I'm still trying to figure out what I should do with a domain I have related to finding deals and sales. I wish there was a good white label technology I could plug into the site and be able to present a good shopping experience. I'm not a fan of the GoldenCan presentation and the coupon feed technology that I like (can't remember the name fo the company) is pretty expensive.

I know a white label solution doesn't help with SEO, but I would present the site to traffic I already have on other sites.
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread