Forgieve me if this question is plain stupid...

I want to directly link to the merchant websites (without the need for the customer to click a link/banner) ...
    When i get links from cj , it has a 1 pixel image src (guess to calculate the number of impressions) , but i omit it and want to use only the link to the merchant. Is this ok. will CJ be able to track properly . I guess it will not be able to track impressions but its ok for me.

Please help...

$> cd /pub
    $> more beer

quote:
    Originally posted by rsgopi:
    Forgieve me if this question is plain stupid...

I want to directly link to the merchant websites (without the need for the customer to click a link/banner) ...
    When i get links from cj , it has a 1 pixel image src (guess to calculate the number of impressions) , but i omit it and want to use only the link to the merchant. Is this ok. will CJ be able to track properly . I guess it will not be able to track impressions but its ok for me.

Please help...

$> cd /pub
    $> more beer

You can disregard the clear tracking image, its only for impression vs click through ratios.... the link will work fine..

Allen

Thanks for the reply Allen ...

$> cd /pub
    $> more beer

First i apologise for digging this old post

But as a CJ newcomer i still have stupid questions...

I dont use the gif image in the CJ tracking code , only the link part i am using...it seems the links are tracking , no problem...

But i heard CJ is setting the Cookies by the image...so i am again confused...Am i loosing some percentage of commissions because of not using the tracking images...

Pls Pls clarify...thanks

"The Future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their Dreams."

The CJ publisher service agreement (PSA) requires publishers to use the entire code as provided in the members area.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Todd,

As you're aware, there are so many affiliates who ignore those tracking images.

What happens to them if they're violating your PSA? Any punishment?

I know it's important to merchants and CJ but it doesn't carry much value for the affiliates because we tend to measure the performances with click-throughs not impressions.

So, can you please clarify that not using tracking images do not affect transaction and lead tracking and this won't cause any surprises in the future?

Thanks,

quote:
    Originally posted by ToddCrawford, CJ.com:
    The CJ publisher service agreement (PSA) requires publishers to use the entire code as provided in the members area.

Using the .gif makes no nevermind to me, but I often will correct the spelling/capitalization of text links. Also, if I'm creating a list of links under a heading for, say ABC company, I often shorten them up to remove the redundant "Click here to buy Widgets at ABC Company" to "Widgeta, b, c, etc. that's under a heading of ABC company already. Technically I guess even correcting the spelling is changing it, but I'd think odds are this wouldn't run afoul of anything, would it?

Another problem with 1 pixel image is there is a possibility that Google may consider it as an attempt to create hidden links ...its a slight chance but a RISK ia a RISK

Also some affiliates directly redirect or popup to the merchant site...the tracking image cannot be used in this case also...

[This message was edited by Gopi on January 16, 2003 at 11:35 PM.]

I have never had the 1x1 image in my site because I am using script to send out visitors. It is impossible to include the little pixel. So I have lots of sales and click through but never have any impressions

I have check the HELP in CJ and they mention that you can modified the link and remove the image tag, just if it isn't track properly, they will not be resposible.

Come on CJ, if we put the complete code, you also can't promise us it will be track properly, because we can't see anything behind!

As RedFish stated its not possible to add the image tag in some situations like direct or framed redirection , or in scripted links etc...

Call me a paranoid but i dont want to accidently trigger the google spam filter by a 1x1 pixel even when the chances of it are like .001 %

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread