Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ive been a member to these boards for quite some time. and ive noticed that everyone here is extremly Helpful and I luv u all for that, as many questions and problems that are mentioned have already been experienced by most if not all of the legacy/elite members. I have seen some figures that are aw inspiring to say the least (45k in 1 month ) and I figured that with the right resources and a more in depth and personal support structure this income can be achieved by even more people.

my request is this.. (Maybe this has already been requested??)

Find someone that is serious about there affiliate marketing, if your lucky a AM vet, and you two team up, and pass on ideas and findings and push each other every day to reach your specific goal... since no man or woman is an island and no one knows everything, then this would be great and benifit both parties. I for one realize that sometimes family and close (as in close enough to touch) friends do not always share the desire or focus needed to support you when doing this AM thing.. so, why not band together, grab a partner by the hand and lets build as one...

with that said... Im looking for a partner, if you need more insight on what my goals are, and to what extent my dedication is, please feel free to email or pm me..

also feel free to make your requests for a buddy in here..

hopefully im not the only one without a personal friend/buddy on abw ...

take care all..

Outsourced Program Manager Allen - AMWSO's Avatar
    I would be happy to be your Affiliate Manager buddy if you sign up as an affiliate for either KegWorks or United Shades partner programs on the LinkShare network.

AMWSO managed programs have some of best reputations for one-to-one support to affiliates.

Cheers,

Allen
    [SIZE=1][B]Allen Miller. Affiliate Manager, EZvacuum.com / UnitedShades.com[/B]
    [/SIZE]

Hi,

I am also looking for a partner who is really interrested in AM. I started some weeks ago with Google adwords and I am doing good so far.

Maybe we can work togehter or lets first have a talk.

Ad me to AOL:AllBestMagazines or MSN:verkoop@gigasystems.nl

Hope hearing from you soon
    www.perfect-jewelry-gifts.com

I think everyone would like a mentor. Unfortunately, the one I would pick for a mentor don't want no truck with no teachin' on account of why should she?

So, I think I will pay SandraR to teach me what I need. Knowledge is a valuable thing.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

thx all for taking the time out to read my post, yea, it can be a really good thing if people were to participate. I feel it could save redundant questions, and save a vet and/or newb from making a common mistake ( I still see vets make mistakes that newbs have made, and vise versa).

Hopefully there can be some amount of success in this topic. and hopefully we can all create a tighter knit ABW family bond.

I agree with Ssanf!

the problem with being a mentor.. is the mentoree doesn't always want to be mentored in the way the mentor wants to doit... so everyone sits the spinning their wheels wasting time...

I know I have tried many time to be someone's mentor... only to come to the conclucsion that I am wasting my valuable time... with someone who doesn't really want to learn... what I know...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

A great twist on an old idea. Despite the naysayers, mentoring works well when both parties are open to the process and willingly engage.

Exactly philly,

with both parties humble in the fact that they are not all knowing, it would make the process both rewarding and easy for both parties. Also, with the ability to question your would be buddy (I rather use buddy as mentor assumes some sort of hiearchy and authority, plus buddy is more fuzzy wuzzy) as to what there goals and dedication levels are, then that would give you the ability to screen out your prospects. also doing searches by your prospected buddies post will show where there at as far as AM and just plain making money on the web in general..

so dont be negative, help out your fellow AMers today

YAY!!

I for one would be interested in a partnership. A partnership is only valuable though if both parties bring something to the table.

On that basis I find myself lacking in skills and/or experience and am more looking for a mentor then a partner, someone to show me the ropes so to speak, a person to listen to whatever kind of brainfart you had and make valuable suggestions. And as mentioned above, I would pay in money or time for that.

just MY 2 cents ;-)

Well,

I am lucky in this regard because I have two or three friends at various levels of the AM game that keep me motivated. I do think that you are 100% correct that it is very valuable to have someone to push you, inspire you, make you jealous, give you great ideas, tell you when your ideas are stupid, or just bounce things around with.

With that said, I hope you are all able to find someone to help out in that arena. And, to the ones that have helped me (you know who you are) a BIG THANK YOU! Now, how the heck do I get that extra big check anyway?

PS - Gandalph, don't be afraid to ask your questions. As was stated earlier, people here will help out with direct questions. Before long you'll be able to help others. And I actually think you might make a good 'partner' for the person starting this thread. If you're dedicated and willing to work hard, you'll be surprised how much you can learn quickly.
    Life is like a dogsled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

-- Lewis Grizzard

Actually the truth is that buddy stuff is happening all around you. It usually starts with an exchange of PMs about some common interest or problem. Sometimes there are one or two exchanges. Other times, a couple of people or a group of people hit it off. Soon, they take it away from ABW and use their own mail or messenger or some other way of communicating.

Do not think that just because you don't see it posted here, it isn't already happening. ABW is a great way to meet people in the field.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

That's beautiful Ssanf! Wanna be my buddy?
    Life is like a dogsled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

-- Lewis Grizzard

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I know I have tried many time to be someone's mentor... only to come to the conclucsion that I am wasting my valuable time... with someone who doesn't really want to learn... what I know...

Joe <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

joe,
    All I know is I don't know much.. I want to know what you know..

If you have the need to spead some knowledge.. consider me a willing sponge.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I'd think mentoring a merchant is a lot easier then teaching the tricks of the trade to fellow affiliates. The only thing an affiliate can do without HTML/Art and page design work to influence traffic is pure play SEO/SEM tricks. If the rewards for building out a showcase section, better then one shown to customers by the actual merchant, can influence click/conversion ratio based upon landing pages.

When this industry removes it's cookie stuffing and forced click bad actors this will become the key factor to continued success...making specific product category pages better then offered by the merchant. The affiliate has an advantage over the merchant there. The merchant is handcuffed by having to expose their entire stock with equal size sniplets within that category. Affiliates can choose multiple merchants offerings, within that niche' category, that covers all the shopper hot point bases ...price-brand-service.

Like I said mentoring merchants is easier. They all focus on the bottom line and eat and sleep conversion ratios and average sales amounts. If I want a boost in webmaster stature I brainstorm increasing sales or average sales amounts for a merchant client. With a indy program's linking code it simple to track sales conversion ratios for clicks outside affiliate marketing. Compare generic traffic to PPCSE traffic to highly targeted traffic even factoring in peak sales periods. Hit on a few verifiable ROI winners and your merchant client just let's you run with your ideas. Heck I have a list of idiot site owners willing to take $30.00 for 2 months of peak period banner Ads with a link to a custom made HTML/Product Photo merchant profile page. They love the extra pizzaz of the profile page as a site enhancement....so do the SERPs. I assign an affiliate coded link to the banner and profile page links and watch the $30.00 advertising mindset happy camper send targeted traffic at a 1/10 click conversion ratio 3 times a year. Rinse and repeat 3 times a year. Merchant clears $2-3000.00 in actual profit for each campaign and doesn't bad mouth me or Charlie....
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Mike,

Once again your post is totally unrelated to the thread but thanks for chiming in

-- Lewis Grizzard

This is a great idea!

I am very fortunate that my Buddy and Mentor (Mr. Happypoon )is right here next to me and we exchance ideas and suggestion and battle together against the predator everyday.

Also ABW is a strong foundation that can be your Buddy and Mentor!

Happy Holiday ABW

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Swampy_Webber:
    Now, how the heck do I get that extra big check anyway?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Just keep building.

ABW Ambassador
    I think that this guy from Florida is a good guy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> That's beautiful Ssanf! Wanna be my buddy? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First, you have to be in my downline!

Send me the URLs of all your sites and all your current stats. Your last years income tax statement, too.

I can be very friendly but I have my standards!

SSanf,

Darn, I don't think this is gonna work out. I was expecting you to be in MY downline

-- Lewis Grizzard

Swampy & Ssanf...when you get the downlines straightened out, I've got a line on a huge list of email addys for you. Kellie (MsB) has some in another thread too.

I have been fortunate to have found an mentor who is also a buddy and a friend. This person is 100% responsible for me bringing in a steady stream of checks.

Look around, ask for help, respond, ask more questions. You'll find it all right here at ABW.

Frank
    "Just the facts, Ma'am." Sgt. Joe Friday, Dragnet

Frank,

I just don't think that Ssanf will give in... She's too hard headed As for the emails, gee, I would but I think I'll buy these two million email addresses that someone's gonna sale me real cheap! I just have to respond to their email right away! And I'm sure their price will be great!

-- Lewis Grizzard

What is a Dropline/Downline?? please explain. and if its so benificial, how can I par take in it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Verbalkent:
    What is a Dropline/Downline?? please explain. and if its so benificial, how can I par take in it? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once upon a time in an internet atmosphere completely different from affiliate marketing, there was a man who wanted to make some money.

Being largely ignorant, he found that there were a series of get rich schemes going around. These schemes were called MLM. (hereinafter known as 'M') These schemes were being pushed by some very big internet names.

The key to making a lot of money with M was to recruit as many unsuspecing dupes as possible. These dupes would be in your downline.

It was expected that the dupes would recruit as many more dupes as possible. At each level of dupedom the original dupe (and maybe ten or so of his best friends) reaped big $.

The low level dupes found it hard to gather enough new dupes to make back their continuing payments to the founders.

One of the important requirements for the low level dupes was the need to acquire as many email addresses as possible. The sending of recruiting email spams was such a big business that it was automated.

Still, the need for fresh addresses grew faster than the supply. Some smart guys figured out how to troll the internet for email addresses. They threw their nets far and wide. The gathered data was put on a cd and sold for huge profits.

Then a friend said "...take a look at this ABW. There are people there making money with affiliate marketing. And they are making it honestly. No spam. No trying to recruit other suckers. No more buying worthless leads."

And, the man lived happily ever after. Only worrying about slimeware, bloodsuckers, crooked networks and highly competitive keywords.

Javi, I never did say thanks for introducing me to ABW. Thanks.

Frank
    "Just the facts, Ma'am." Sgt. Joe Friday, Dragnet

?? but what is the drop line /downline ...

minus the night before christmas speel please..

You mentioned "MLM" but didnt clarify the meaning of the acronym nor the its relation to droplines,

nice story, but it doesnt answer my question.. sorry, maybe im just slow..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast